User Info Menu

you want dirt ?

come on !

User Info Menu

This is the one I lust after.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RonD
    This is the one I lust after.

Dumble most likely. Lately I have seen Robben with a couple different Fender type amps.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by balthazar
    Hi,

ZZ Top - Rythmeen album

Some of Gibbons, et. al.'s best work. The title track is endlessly engaging, as well, but "Humbucking Pt. II is a beaut!

User Info Menu

Note; I updated my post #10 to include clickable links. Enjoy! or not.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Without straying from jazz...

Charlie Christian with his 15-watt amp cranked:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Peter C
    Without straying from jazz, Rosenwinkel, Nir Felder, Sandra Hempel, Julian Lage, to name a few, get some great "unclean" sounds.
    I love Lage's "unclean" tones, especially with his new Collings. And I love the "bit of push" Kenny Burrell has on alot of his stuff, especially the Midnight Blue album.

For rock dirty tones, I have too many favorites. Eric Johnson, Andy Timmons, David Grissom, Billy Gibbons, Black Crowes, Bonamassa has great tone even tho forums like to slag him, SRV, I could go on & on & on... I will say alot of the rock tones are similar, but then you get someone like EJ who has a truly unique tone (up until that point).

This is a live/phone video, so audio isn't great, but Grissom is famous for his syrupy thick yet still articulate dirty tone:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBLR
    Without straying from jazz...
    Charlie Christian with his 15-watt amp cranked:

User Info Menu

The great Snuffy Walden of Stray Dog. When I heard this album I began to suspect that there was more to rock guitar than simply stomping on a fuzz pedal. Who'd have thought that plectrum technique was so important.

User Info Menu