The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 54 of 54

User Info Menu

My wife is a fabric artist (i.e., she makes quilts that are only for art not for keeping warm). I always say that her art looks like jazz sounds. (Barbara Behrmann Fine Art).

We are each supportive of the other's activity. But, she does not like my jazz playing.... and her art does not really resonate with my visual sensibilities. She does like it when I play some Celtic stuff (that was what I was playing when she and I first met) but does not like the jazz and blues stuff I'm playing now days.

But she accepts that I have a dozen or so guitars (but if it creeps up a bit she gets annoyed). She did give me an Eastman archtop when I turned 60 (well... I bought it but she "approved" the finances in honor of my birthday).

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Fowler
    My wife is a fabric artist (i.e., she makes quilts that are only for art not for keeping warm). I always say that her art looks like jazz sounds. (Barbara Behrmann Fine Art).

We are each supportive of the other's activity. But, she does not like my jazz playing.... and her art does not really resonate with my visual sensibilities. She does like it when I play some Celtic stuff (that was what I was playing when she and I first met) but does not like the jazz and blues stuff I'm playing now days.

But she accepts that I have a dozen or so guitars (but if it creeps up a bit she gets annoyed). She did give me an Eastman archtop when I turned 60 (well... I bought it but she "approved" the finances in honor of my birthday).
    Wow, she does great work imho. I can see your comparisons to Jazz. I may have peruse her work a bit more!

User Info Menu

My partners didn't care about my playing. They were dazzled by my footwork.
    I was the Cass Elliot of funk.

User Info Menu

I think that she thinks that I am better than what she's willing to admit.

I could observe that

She likes :
    - song forms
    - open chords
    - ornamenting with 6, 7s, 9s, and 11

She does not like:
    - 8th notes rows
    - more chromatic the worse

She absolutely hates:
    - Donna Lee type lines and other bebop licks
    - any kind of scale, or fingers mechanics practice and repetition