The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

Latest to cash in

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Big fan of ZZ Top, here. KKR, not so much. Any details?

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

The deal for Billy Gibbons signature V must already be secretly inked.

User Info Menu

And in related news Gibson announces the production of a new archtop in Billy Gibbon’s honor:

ZZ Top sells catalog to KKR for  million-8aa6774c-a678-4d7c-8f18-11f7773dd29c-jpeg

User Info Menu

For those wondering Why the Fuss:
    › watch

Top that!

Good headphones recommended.

User Info Menu

I like ZZ Top. 50 million seems low to me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    that was my first reaction as well.

User Info Menu

I suppose the price depends on whether the investors think the music will outlive its generation.

User Info Menu

After all, they all are/were 70+ yo. I wonder if Dusty's family will get anything.

User Info Menu

We'll see if it's got Legs.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by A. Kingstone
    We'll see if it's got Legs.
    Billy went to the lawyers as .... a sharp dressed man.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    Sounds like they weren't asking for much, just to be taken downtown and go lookin' for some tush.

I guess $50 million would cover that, especially since it only costs $10 to get into the door at La Grange. Well, with inflation, maybe $40-50 now.

User Info Menu

Looking at the ZZ Top catalog’s performance, Billboard estimates that the ZZ Top recorded masters catalog has averaged annually about $4.481 million in revenue over the last four years; and consequently, the band’s royalties from that are about $1.568 million. At a 20 times multiple that comes out to about $31.37 million valuation. Meanwhile, Billboardestimates that the band’s publishing comes out to about $1.262 million annually and the band’s share of that is about $950,000, which at a 25 times multiple would give that income stream a valuation of about $23.65 million. Overall, Billboard estimates the deal carries about a $55 million valuation.
    ZZ Top Sells Catalog to BMG and KKR - Latest News Post

from the band’s standpoint it converts what would be ordinary income taxable at a max rate of 37% to a LT capital gain taxable at 23.8%

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BWV
    ZZ Top Sells Catalog to BMG and KKR - Latest News Post

from the band’s standpoint it converts what would be ordinary income taxable at a max rate of 37% to a LT capital gain taxable at 23.8%
    And that ain't hay!