The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 20 of 20

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

“And the beat goes on…”

User Info Menu

And this is why we need to support Mom and Pop stores! Eventually there will only be Amazon or similar. No support from these places, just cheapest price!

User Info Menu

What’s the issue?

User Info Menu

Ramjac. My friend Kurt had me buy stock in the late ‘70’s.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Donplaysguitar
    What’s the issue?
    No issue. Sweetwater got Ramjacked by the CEO of conglomerated everything.

It's a reference to a book by Kurt Vonnegut. I haven't read 'Jailbird' yet. I'm going to order it now from Ramjac.

Amazon.
    Last edited by Stevebol; 08-26-2021 at 08:16 AM.

User Info Menu

FWIW, I have always had the best service from SW.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alder Statesman
    Me too. Funny, I don't know what happened to my money.

User Info Menu

Divisions and holdings of RAMJAC:

RAMJAC - Wikipedia

All in the Family AND The NY Times AND Tiffany’s…

User Info Menu

So these aren't the same people who bought and raped Guitar Center? Not that that makes a difference when you're talking about private equity firms....

User Info Menu

We've covered this before. The 60s and 70s are over. Today's young want automated instant gratification, not practice time on an instrument. And that hip-hop garbage is almost all rhythm, and repetitive rhythm at that.

Given the above, it's a pretty crowded field with demand being what it is (or should I say, isn't). Guitar Center, Musicians Friend, Sweetwater, Sam Ash......

One wonders if buying them at all was a risk not worth taking.

User Info Menu

I've been very happy dealing with Sweetwater over the years, when I was unable to get what I wanted locally. This makes me uneasy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Me too. Funny, I don't know what happened to my money.
    I feel your pain. My heirloom Enron and Lehman Bros holdings are not doing well. I sense a pattern here.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alder Statesman
    Too bad. You would have done better with Yoyodyne, which my pal Ruggles hipped me to.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    My heirloom Enron and Lehman Bros holdings are not doing well. I sense a pattern here.
    Whoa, I hope you're joking, if not, I feel your pain. I lost a bunch on bloopers over the years. Since this is an aside, someone once told me "buy stock in a co that you like and use." Don't know if that's always the best advice, but I bought a bunch of dltr, and did very well up and down until covid, now stagnant.

dltr - Google Search

*This is NOT an endorsement by me to buy dltr.*

User Info Menu

I received an email notice this week from my usual SW rep asking if I needed anything. I hope that's not a bad sign.
    One time they sent me the wrong case with an instrument, I offered to send it back on my dime for the right one, they said "just keep it" and they sent me the correct one.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Whoa, I hope you're joking, if not, I feel your pain. I lost a bunch on bloopers over the years. Since this is an aside, someone once told me "buy stock in a co that you like and use." Don't know if that's always the best advice, but I bought a bunch of dltr, and did very well up and down until covid, now stagnant.

dltr - Google Search

*This is NOT an endorsement by me to buy dltr.*
    Nope, not joking. My Dad's portfolio was sufficiently diverse so I'm OK. Re: Sweetwater, moments ago I got myself a Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Face Mini. Been pondering this one for quite a while. Dad taught us to buy carefully.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    Divisions and holdings of RAMJAC:

RAMJAC - Wikipedia

All in the Family AND The NY Times AND Tiffany’s…
    Those are small potatoes. They own AT&T, and Anheuser-Busch!

User Info Menu

I get emails from Sweetwater if I haven't bought anything in awhile, and I don't buy a lot. The 'sales engineers' are probably commission driven, and try hard to drum up business. That is not new.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Donplaysguitar
    What’s the issue?
    You're not down with RAMJAC? It's the latest dem craze.

I think we need a sub-forum called STOCKS!

The best performer for me has been DEXCOM. They make glucose monitoring systems.