Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    hi all,
    I can’t seem to get this in the UK
    any more

    is it available in the USA ?

    Finger Ease Spray-452743ca-5955-4a07-adf9-febb11692181-jpeg

  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #2
    Stocked and easily obtainable in retail and by mail here. Find out how much the shipping is if you buy it on Ebay or somewhere like that if it's truly unobtainable there. It happens to be $20 for a 3 pack here.

  4. #3

    User Info Menu

    Sweetwater has it for $4.99 a can. Amazon, Musicians Friend and Guitar Center offer two cans for just under 10 bucks. ($9.68)

  5. #4
    I found a usa seller

    $12.60 + $9.59 shipping to the uk
    I’ll keep looking i think .....

  6. #5
    anyone in the uk know where to get some

  7. #6

  8. #7

    User Info Menu

    ...anyone has experience with this?

    XLR8 | Accessories | D'Addario

  9. #8

    User Info Menu

    Dry hands here, not something I've ever needed. But curious, looked at the SDS.

    Finger Ease Spray-screenshot-2021-08-18-10-01-38-am-png

    The active ingredient is simply petroleum, everything else is a propellant. So maybe there is an alternative spray product not marketed to guitarists?

  10. #9

    User Info Menu

    So, Finger Ease is basically a can of lighter fluid--i.e., like Ronsonol or Zippo. Never knew that.

    Should keep your fingerboard clean, at least.

  11. #10

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Greentone
    So, Finger Ease is basically a can of lighter fluid--i.e., like Ronsonol or Zippo. Never knew that.

    Should keep your fingerboard clean, at least.
    But that stuff is an oil solvent, so I'd expect it to dry out the wood and possibly even alter the color with repeated applications over time. I use ultrafine or cleaning grade (the two least abrasive) Scotchbrite pads very gently a few times a year when changing strings, followed by a light wipe of the fingerboard with cutting board oil. Before we started keeping cutting board oil in the house, I used Old English lemon oil for decades. I wipe the oil from the fret tops as well as I can with a small felt pad in a tiny hemostat.

    The solvent is obviously a delivery vehicle for the lube, but its potential to damage a fingerboard seems too great to justify letting it touch the wood. If I did have enough skin oil and perspiration to require cleaning my strings (which, thankfully, I do not), I'd remove the strings from the tuners and wipe them individually with a cloth sprayed with the cleaner. And if my bodily fluids stained or otherwise coated the fingerboard, I'd probably try something like Murphy's Oil Soap to keep it clean.

  12. #11

    User Info Menu

    I've been using Finger ease since the 70's. It's never harmed any of my guitars and works as advertised.

  13. #12

    User Info Menu

    Oil penetrates finger board wood and hand skin
    making finger tips soft, creating the feeling that
    your strings are thin and tight. This is not good,
    continues, until playing draws it from the wood.

    ChapStick is wax with some qualities very much
    like the natural feeling of one's hands and does
    not penetrate the skin. Apply with an old carpet
    sample to the finger board; yes, with strings on.

  14. #13

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by pauln
    Oil penetrates finger board wood and hand skin
    making finger tips soft, creating the feeling that
    your strings are thin and tight. This is not good,
    continues, until playing draws it from the wood.

    ChapStick is wax with some qualities very much
    like the natural feeling of one's hands and does
    not penetrate the skin. Apply with an old carpet
    sample to the finger board; yes, with strings on.
    I never thought of lip balm! It seems to have the good stuff but none of the bad. I’ll try it. Thanks!

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by jim777
    I've been using Finger ease since the 70's. It's never harmed any of my guitars and works as advertised.
    op here
    yes me too , one can has lasted me for
    ages (i think i’ve only ever owned 2 cans)
    and I’m 64 ....

    i dont use use it as a string or fretboard
    cleaner but as a lube , I guess my hands
    are non oily , and it helps unstick my hands from the strings and stops string squeak too

    looks like I’ll have to get it shipped from
    the USA

    Ive been using this
    Finger Ease Spray-3f316ce1-59b1-47ff-95e2-33c628e93f44-jpg

    but it it’s not as good or convenient tbh

  16. #15
    I sprayed some finger ease on the back of my neck of a 3500$ Heritage guitar and ruined the finish,yet I know some players have been using it safely since the sixties. I would just say be careful on some guitars it will dissolve the finish,even a few drops that I didnt realize were on the body also. I speak from first hand experience. And Heritage refused to refinish it even though I was the original owner. I ended up getting Joe Glaser to sand what finish was left off it. Played OK but resale was not the same.

  17. #16

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steve burchfield
    I sprayed some finger ease on the back of my neck of a 3500$ Heritage guitar and ruined the finish,yet I know some players have been using it safely since the sixties. I would just say be careful on some guitars it will dissolve the finish,even a few drops that I didnt realize were on the body also. I speak from first hand experience. And Heritage refused to refinish it even though I was the original owner. I ended up getting Joe Glaser to sand what finish was left off it. Played OK but resale was not the same.
    I've never seen that with Finger Ease, and I used it a few times on my Triple Nickel as well. Sorry about that!

  18. #17
    I bit the bullet ....

    thanks everyone one for all the data

  19. #18

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by pingu
    I bit the bullet ....

    thanks everyone one for all the data
    'though whether or not the post office will allow its shipping is another question . . . .

  20. #19

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Greentone
    So, Finger Ease is basically a can of lighter fluid--i.e., like Ronsonol or Zippo. Never knew that.

    Should keep your fingerboard clean, at least.
    I have serious doubts how can it keep the fingerboard clean, when we spray it through the strings, then let it dry, then wipe the strings... it sounds it even builds up more stable dirt on the fingerboard. The dirt will aging, which would be good for a french wine, but not necessary on my fingerboard.:-)