User Info Menu

GGGGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I HATE technology!!! ('Oh the way Glenn Miller played....'; 'Why can't they be like we were?...).

Curmudgeon former radio jock Larry Josephson would get on a rant and end singing (insert II V background here) Hate; hate; hate; hate....

Did I mention HATE?

I'm a nervous guy, easily set off---and the technological world makes me want to strangle someone (or, better, some THING---the machine of my choice, preferably a computer).

Yeah, yeah---I know the pluses and 'don't throw the baby out with the bathwater', yada yada (anyway if I threw the computer in with a bathing tot he might fry----sssssssssss). But SO much of my life is wasted on bullshit with computers and on the web. I feel like withdrawing from the entire internet world and giving a phone #. But it's not possible---they got us all by the balls (sorry, women---left out the other organ expletive---I'm old-school about yiz).

The entire morning was taken up setting up a new Asus lightweight laptop. I'm HAPPY to have it, don't get me wrong. But I open one email, I get signed out on my old laptop. GGGRRR. I still can't sign in here on the new one. GGGGRRR!

The main thing is I went nutso getting squared away on my teaching gig back in March. To be fair, a nice lady from HR held my hand and we got through it. But I was stressed beyond the call. Now it started AGAIN with a new job. Get someone on a PHONE?! What's a PHONE?! Same thing w/customer service. It's all bullshit, an excuse to fire people. If humans DO take your call they're overseas, working for a pittance. We all know where the money goes.

My policy: If I can't get someone on the phone your co.; org; store; online service can KISS MY HAIRY, JEWISH ASS!!!! I owe no one anything---if I'm paying THEY owe ME.

SO----f&&k Paypal; Venmo; and Amazon may be next. I already kissed off HFA.

I like real interaction with real humans in real time. Shoot me.

Now, if you'll excuse me it's time for a double shot of Old Grand Dad (opened by hand, with a twist-off)...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

double shot of Old Grand Dad

Ouch. What proof is that, Joel?

User Info Menu

When I last had a laptop, I learned to hate it with all my heart. I HAD to carry to work in my backpack every day, messing with the wires and all that crap... just because I owned one.
    When it finally broke down, I told my bosses that I dont have a laptop. So they bought a decent enough 'puter for my classroom.
    Never owned a laptop since then. Never will. They are horrible.

User Info Menu

Paypal is cancer incarnate (especially the app version). Wouldn't surprise me if it killed someone somehow

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1

Ouch. What proof is that, Joel?
    Dunno, but the liquor store guy mentioned something about 'wood alcohol'...

Quote Originally Posted by emanresu
    When I last had a laptop, I learned to hate it with all my heart. I HAD to carry to work in my backpack every day, messing with the wires and all that crap... just because I owned one.
    When it finally broke down, I told my bosses that I dont have a laptop. So they bought a decent enough 'puter for my classroom.
    Never owned a laptop since then. Never will. They are horrible.
    Dig, but it's not the hardware---it's the wasted time. I admit I'm a maven at time-wasting but, damn it, I want it to be MY time-wasting, not crap others put me and everyone else through to make it easier and more profitable for THEM.

It's not just companies and general capitalists. We KNEW where THAT was gonna go long ago. AND we took advantage of buying online w/o tax---let's cop to it. None of us are angels. But the culture now has taken universal root. The people I just started working for, Center for Family Support, are no capitalists. They're good-doers and I'm proud to be associated with them. But they rely on this 'evero' thing to pay employees, a time-waster; and I could've, SHOULD'VE started working a month ago but for these glitches---online forms that, when completed; e-signed; and attached to email would not open for the sendee. I had to make a trip from Philly to NY to straighten that one out. Wasted time, but at least real time solving real problems with real people.

The no-phone culture is my biggest carp. Drives me nuts. OK, for a job I'll happily (OK, crabilly) play by their rules. But some entity with a hand out for my hard-earned money? Chuck you, Farlie, and your whole famn damily.

And the media---the world's biggest and most amoral whores---jump on every new bauble and rave about it, so the sheeple will run out and buy it so they look like sages giving golden advice.

I LIKE the laptop, just not bullshit...

User Info Menu

I know what you mean, Joel!

You lose so much time! And often, the fix is very easy - but you don't know, what you don't know!

This is a bit graphic, but maybe it will give you a laugh...?

WARNING: Some profanity here and there.

The all-time classic----scored brilliantly. Sad yet hilarious, partly b/c of how well the piano follows his angst, poor guy: