The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Not sure, but seems like video editing at around :07.

User Info Menu

Notice that the first third of the whole trick is just convincing you that it is an ordinary guitar pick.
    The video is silent except for one sound that occurs as :13 goes to :14, it is the sound of the pick being released from being bent, sounds like striking against his ring. This sound occurs instantly before its mysterious reappearance. The pick must be very floppy or more likely may not really be a pick.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Not sure, but seems like video editing at around :07.
    There's no editing. My son said that somebody would say that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pauln
    Notice that the first third of the whole trick is just convincing you that it is an ordinary guitar pick.
    The video is silent except for one sound that occurs as :13 goes to :14, it is the sound of the pick being released from being bent, sounds like striking against his ring. This sound occurs instantly before its mysterious reappearance. The pick must be very floppy or more likely may not really be a pick.
    The pick is a Jim Dunlop .38

User Info Menu

It never goes inside the right hand. Gets temporarily stuck behind it near the thumb (with whatever sticky substance… even sweat/water might do the trick), and is later retrieved by the left thumb.

Well, possibly

User Info Menu

How many hours of practising guitar did you sacrifice to learn this trick?

It's cool!
    Do we get to see a video that explains the trick?

User Info Menu

The last time I talked to Vic, which was about 5 years ago, he told me he was using a great pick and I can’t remember the brand. He did say they were a little pricey but well worth it.
    Is there anyone who can tell me what he was using?

User Info Menu

Reading the title of the post, I was hoping, I finally will get the Kenny Burrell sound. A new disappointment again...