User Info Menu

Both at Heritage Auctions, sellers of million dollar Mario Bros and high end Pokemon Cards.

JOE BONAMASSA NFT COLLECTION FEATURING NEW SONG MASTER & PUBLISHING, RARE GUITAR, AMP & MORE.

- 1959 Sunburst Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial # 9 0346- 1963 Fender Vibroverb, Serial # 00352
    - Original Song by Joe Bonamassa with full master & publishing rights
    - 4 Videos, Original handwritten Lyric Sheet

- Original Cover Art design (no rights)
    - Joe Bonamassa Hand-Signed Lithograph
    - 4 Concert Tickets & 4 Meet & Greet Passes to One Joe Bonamassa Show every calendar year.
    - 1 Digital Photo Book
    - Personal "Nerdville" Museum Tour and lunch with Joe Bonamassa
    - Tokenized items of the above

Opening Bid: $350,000 - w/ Buyer's Premium (BP) : $435,000.00

JOE BONAMASSA NFT COLLECTION FEATURING NEW SONG MASTER & | Lot #85001 | Heritage Auctions

The Neal Schon Collection of Guitars

112 guitars from his collection. Highlights here:

2021 July 31 The Neal Schon Collection of Guitars Guitars and Musical Instruments Signature Auction #7251

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have no idea if that JB auction is worth anything near what it is being offered at.

Apropos of another thread, I do know that JB is an incredible businessman. About 15 years ago I noted that his shows were commanding twice the price of any other performer of his stature, and he was filling up the concert halls.

His guitar collection alone should ensure he would live comfortably for the rest of his days if he never played another note.

BTW, an acquaintance of mine runs a guitar store nearby, and chewed JB’s butt out once. JB was in the store and being a bit of an a$$—“None of this is very interesting—where do you keep the good stuff?”

”In the back room for customers who ask politely.”

”Do you know who I am? I’m Joe Bonamassa.”

”I don’t care if you’re Joe Butthole, if you’ve got an attitude there’s the door.”

According to Rob, Joe apologized and became a lot more cooperative after that.

User Info Menu

The man knows his amps. I have a Brownface Vibroverb that looks identical - mine is in better shape - and it is set for a good going over later this year.

It is not for sale at any price.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    I have no idea if that JB auction is worth anything near what it is being offered at.

Apropos of another thread, I do know that JB is an incredible businessman. About 15 years ago I noted that his shows were commanding twice the price of any other performer of his stature, and he was filling up the concert halls.

His guitar collection alone should ensure he would live comfortably for the rest of his days if he never played another note.

BTW, an acquaintance of mine runs a guitar store nearby, and chewed JB’s butt out once. JB was in the store and being a bit of an a$$—“None of this is very interesting—where do you keep the good stuff?”

”In the back room for customers who ask politely.”

”Do you know who I am? I’m Joe Bonamassa.”

”I don’t care if you’re Joe Butthole, if you’ve got an attitude there’s the door.”

According to Rob, Joe apologized and became a lot more cooperative after that.
    Heritage has sold a couple Les Pauls of that vintage for a couple hundred grand. And collectors often pay considerably more when there is provenance. But, of course the value is whatever someone will pay for it.

Of course we have no way of knowing how much one can monetize a random Joe bonamassa tune for.

It's a funny story about the guitar store, I'm sure Joe has been told since he was a little tyke that he was a blues guitar god. Who knows what the hell that can do to a little guy's brain?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zdub
    Heritage has sold a couple Les Pauls of that vintage for a couple hundred grand. And collectors often pay considerably more when there is provenance. But, of course the value is whatever someone will pay for it.

Of course we have no way of knowing how much one can monetize a random Joe bonamassa tune for.

It's a funny story about the guitar store, I'm sure Joe has been told since he was a little tyke that he was a blues guitar god. Who knows what the hell that can do to a little guy's brain?
    Well it’s just my sense, with nothing to back it up, that he’s socially awkward and has been a bit of a jerk from time to time but has mellowed now with age (and success!) and is generally a good guy. I’m not aware that other musicians are dissing him, which they are prone to do is someone is indeed an a**hole.

What’s interesting is how he has promoted himself as a brand. I’ve never seen anyone in the rock/blues business do that the way he has. OK maybe the Stones…but that was late in the game. JB promoted himself as a marketing tactic BEFORE he was well known. I remember seeing him on a bill at a concert in San Diego—never heard of the guy. I thought about going, but tickets were over $100 a pop. And this is 15 or so years ago. He filled up the auditorium. Sometimes self-promotion does work, especially if you have talent to back it up.

User Info Menu

As a brand, it’s hard not to think of KISS. Gene Simmons in particular has milked every possible penny out of that organization.

User Info Menu

Don’t stop believin’…..how much I can get for a modified 1977 Les Paul!!!

Sorry Joe, didn't sell.

Buy it now through Aug 16: $435,000.00

From the Neil Schon auction:

Don't Stop Believin' 1977 Gibson Les Paul Black Solid Body Electric Guitar, Serial #06 115596 used on 1981's chart-topping Escape. $250,000

1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard Sunburst Solid Body Electric Guitar, Serial #9 0643. $300,000

1960 Gibson ES-335 Natural Semi-Hollow Body Electric Guitar, Serial #A34122. $100,000

1958 Gibson Super 400 Natural Archtop Electric Guitar, Serial #A28849. $30,000

1961 Gibson Byrdland Sunburst Archtop Electric Guitar, Serial #13045. $13,125

Folks love them Fiesta Red Strats! 1963 went for $65,625. 1964 Korina Fiesta Red for $47,500. Save some bucks with a 1965 (CBS-era) for $30,000.

Two Teles were in the auction. A ‘63 Sunburst for $32,000. A ‘64 Fiesta Red for $37,500.

Prices above include a buyer’s premium of 25% of the sales prices. (Heritage also gets a cut from the seller. They’re raking it in for sure.)