Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1

    User Info Menu


  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #2

    User Info Menu

    Marcin Patrzalek is growing.There are no 'circus' performances here.

  4. #3

    User Info Menu

    I think the black coat might be more at home with Ring of Fire or Folsom Prison Blues than Chopin, but...

    I clicked on it expecting to see a nylon string. Very nice sound and impressive technique. Who says "classical" players are resistant to change?

  5. #4

    User Info Menu

    This is wonderful.

    Chopin is my favorite composer. And not just because he's Polish, and everything Polish is inherently better, but it is.

  6. #5

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    This is wonderful.

    Chopin is my favorite composer. And not just because he's Polish, and everything Polish is inherently better, but it is.
    Here’s Chopin you have an Fantasie-Impromptu day…

    Chopin Nocturne on Guitar (Op. 9 No. 2)-6c7911377-tdy-130617-leo-toasts-1-jpg

  7. #6

    User Info Menu

    Speaking of technique, know of any nylon string players who hammer on with their left hand?

  8. #7

    User Info Menu

    I couldn't make it through the whole video, Kris. Sorry! The obnoxious theatrics and Darth Vader costume have nothing to do with music and for someone like me are beyond annoying. However, I loved the beautiful Polish girls! Here's a young man that's IS the real thing and pays Chopin his deserved respect!
    Play live . . . Marinero


  9. #8

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    Speaking of technique, know of any nylon string players who hammer on with their left hand?


    rh tapping at around the 4:30 mark


  10. #9

    User Info Menu

    The piece just does not work for me on guitar, you lose too much


  11. #10

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BWV
    The piece just does not work for me on guitar, you lose too much

    I only like to listen to the original Chopin's piano music. .
    All the modifications and arrangements for other instruments do not suit me ... but they popularize Chopin's music.
    Chopin sounds best on the piano.

  12. #11

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    I couldn't make it through the whole video, Kris. Sorry! The obnoxious theatrics and Darth Vader costume have nothing to do with music and for someone like me are beyond annoying. However, I loved the beautiful Polish girls! Here's a young man that's IS the real thing and pays Chopin his deserved respect!
    Play live . . . Marinero

    I love Chopin's music played only on the piano.Sorry!

  13. #12

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by kris
    I only like to listen to the original Chopin's piano music. .
    All the modifications and arrangements for other instruments do not suit me ... but they popularize Chopin's music.
    Chopin sounds best on the piano.
    charles Rosen claimed Chopin was the greatest master of counterpoint after Mozart (who was Chopin’s primary influence). You can’t just take the top line and rework the chords based on some Roman numeral analysis

  14. #13

    User Info Menu

    I like the taped on pickup and soundboard damage aesthetic.

    Oh, and also liked the song. I listened to the whole thing!

  15. #14

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BWV
    The piece just does not work for me on guitar, you lose too much

    Hi, B,
    It's not written for guitar as a transcription but rather for the original piano. A guitar transcription does not have the bass clef separate. The bass lines are written in the treble clef.
    Play live . . . Marinero

  16. #15

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    Hi, B,
    It's not written for guitar as a transcription but rather for the original piano. A guitar transcription does not have the bass clef separate. The bass lines are written in the treble clef.
    Play live . . . Marinero
    not sure what you are trying to tell me, The video is piano, not guitar. My point being the piece does not work on guitar, Chopin is too idiomatic to the piano

  17. #16

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BWV
    not sure what you are trying to tell me, The video is piano, not guitar. My point being the piece does not work on guitar, Chopin is too idiomatic to the piano
    Hi, B,
    I thought you were referring to the written music as a guitar transcription. My fault. Sorry. However, I totally disagree about Chopin(and Beethoven, Schumann, Villa Lobos) transcriptions for the guitar which are nothing short of breathtaking and should be somewhere in every CG's repertoire.
    Play live . . . Marinero

    Here's a beautiful little prelude of Chopin's played by the great Edson Lopes. Enjoy.