Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

A man was imprisoned 32 years ago for murdering someone he didn't. Today he was released.

A man was found dead in an isolated area with stab wounds and bite marks. Based on alleged statement of guilt to an old girlfriend and a dentist who testified that the bite marks belonged to suspect he was convicted. There was blood at the scene that was not the right blood type for the victim or the suspect, and that somehow didn't matter.

My son, who's a lawyer working for the Innocence Project, had volunteered on this case for about 15 years, along with others on the project. They got the dental evidence ruled as unreliable and the dentist recanted. They then got DNA analysis of the blood and saliva, which excluded the suspect. Today he was released.

Here is a pic of him free! My son is on the left.

Here's a feel very good story-38742-jpeg

Thirty two years gone. When you feel like you're having a bad day, think again.

Michigan man exonerated of murder after 32 years in prison (sfgate.com)

Gilbert Poole Jr. Exonerated of Murder After 32 Years in Prison - Bloomberg

Michigan man imprisoned for 32 years is freed after DNA evidence exonerated him of murder | News Hits (metrotimes.com)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

We fight over such trivial stuff in our lives, and here, with no real idea how bad life can turn in a moment.
    Good boy ya got there, D, cause lawyers can choose a lot of path$ but obviously he has chosen one of humility, grace and justice.

”How indeed can justice be exceeded if not by compassion.”
    Pope Leo XII (I don’t remember the number been too many Leos)))

d the jk

User Info Menu

Good on your son for his work, and on you for raising him right!

User Info Menu

Mark,

Thank your son on behalf of your friends at jgo. This is excellent work.

Ken

User Info Menu

Wow, what an amazing and beautiful ending to such a horrible beginning for Mr. Poole. God bless your son and the Innocence Project.

About - Innocence Project

User Info Menu

You raised a good man.

I heard about this. Fighting injustice is a story we all need to be inspired by, so we don't accept the world we live in as something we can't make better. Be very proud. The world is a better place today.
    The laws and systems that allowed this to happen in the first place are still very much in force at this time. Your son's work is a lesson in the power of intelligence, willpower and a good heart.
    Give him a hug.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Grass
    A man was imprisoned 32 years ago for murdering someone he didn't. Today he was released.

A man was found dead in an isolated area with stab wounds and bite marks. Based on alleged statement of guilt to an old girlfriend and a dentist who testified that the bite marks belonged to suspect he was convicted. There was blood at the scene that was not the right blood type for the victim or the suspect, and that somehow didn't matter.

My son, who's a lawyer working for the Innocence Project, had volunteered on this case for about 15 years, along with others on the project. They got the dental evidence ruled as unreliable and the dentist recanted. They then got DNA analysis of the blood and saliva, which excluded the suspect. Today he was released.

Here is a pic of him free! My son is on the left.

Here's a feel very good story-38742-jpeg

Thirty two years gone. When you feel like you're having a bad day, think again.

Michigan man exonerated of murder after 32 years in prison (sfgate.com)

Gilbert Poole Jr. Exonerated of Murder After 32 Years in Prison - Bloomberg

Michigan man imprisoned for 32 years is freed after DNA evidence exonerated him of murder | News Hits (metrotimes.com)
    Great story! I have great respect for the work of the Innocence Project.

User Info Menu

I will pass on the comments.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the news.

All I will say is there is a lot of injustice in our legal system. People in prison or executed for things they didn't do, and people out of prison who should be in.

From what I've read bite mark analysis is notoriously unreliable. (So are a lot of witness statements too.)

User Info Menu

Thank you for posting this. Brilliant and dedicated work by the Innocence Project.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    Thanks for the news.

All I will say is there is a lot of injustice in our legal system. People in prison or executed for things they didn't do, and people out of prison who should be in.
    Some holding public office!

User Info Menu

MG,
    Thanks for sharing this story. Your son helped to change someone’s life - the world needs more of this. A priceless example of the power of determination and justice.

You certainly instilled good values during his upbringing .....and you have a lot to be proud of.Here's a feel very good story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk