The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 20 of 20

User Info Menu

..Here we go again for guitar chairs, only this time outdoors......Maybe something to throw in the trunk, knowing there'd be outdoor playing....

Found this, but ??

https://www.amazon.com/Lightspeed-Ou...-goods&sr=1-10

Thanks....

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    [video=youtube_share;sNXhpAx4aWI]https://youtu.be/sNXhpAx4aWI
    " En Garde " !!

User Info Menu

My problem with those type of chairs is that you sink into them. That makes holding the guitar in a comfortable position difficult, if not impossible.

I prefer a firm seat. I’ve sat in a lot of plastic chairs at various gigs, and they seem to do the job well.

Like this:

User Info Menu

...found this......interesting..... (( Can't seem to post links here - -already tried Amazon )

It's called a VIVO Adjustrite ..they make 2 models, one for what they're calling taller players......

Please Wait... | Cloudflare

???
    Last edited by Dennis D; 05-23-2021 at 04:30 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis D
    ...found this......interesting.....

Please Wait... | Cloudflare

.......and I'm at 6'2".......

???
    That looks like a nice chair. If it works (for you) it should be worth the money. I paid about $130 for my practice chair and I've never regretted it. (But it does not fold up, so throwing it into a car trunk could present a problem.)
    Outdoor Folding Guitar Player Chair?-wenger-nota-music-posture-chair-jpg
    I'm not as tall as you are (-a mere 5'11") but I have short legs (-and a L-O-N-G torso), so I never need the chairs for long-legged folk. My mom has very long legs but mine are the same length as guys 4-5 inches shorter than I am. Bodies are strange...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    That looks like a nice chair. If it works (for you) it should be worth the money. I paid about $130 for my practice chair and I've never regretted it. (But it does not fold up, so throwing it into a car trunk could present a problem.)
    Outdoor Folding Guitar Player Chair?-wenger-nota-music-posture-chair-jpg
    I'm not as tall as you are (-a mere 5'11") but I have short legs (-and a L-O-N-G torso), so I never need the chairs for long-legged folk. My mom has very long legs but mine are the same length as guys 4-5 inches shorter than I am. Bodies are strange...
    .......I like the fact that it folds......and can be adjusted......I bought a desk chair and found out the seat portion is small......so I'm going to try to take measurements and compare the two - -but I have a feeling this could work !!

(( And we won't even talk about buying shoes ! ))

User Info Menu

.......I like the fact that it folds......and can be adjusted......I bought a desk chair and found out the seat portion is small......so I'm going to try to take measurements and compare the two - -but I have a feeling this could work !!

(( And we won't even talk about buying shoes ! ))
    I saw an ad for some boat shoes once, but it was just a Croc.

User Info Menu

Back OT, I think I found a good-un’ here. Might even get one myself.

Breakwater Bay Folding Teak Patio Dining Chair & Reviews | Wayfair

User Info Menu

....I guess the discouraging part for me is I couldn't find the correct * indoor * desk chair / guitar practice chair, and now I'm trying to find one for outdoors that folds ??

....This is not ' boding well '......: )

User Info Menu

anything without arm rests is a guitar chair. Stop trying to find "the perfect" anything, you'll never find it. Just get something good enough and play. Pick your hero, Django, Metheny, Charlie Parker, or anyone else didn't give a shit what chair he was sitting in.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AllanAllen
    anything without arm rests is a guitar chair. Stop trying to find "the perfect" anything, you'll never find it. Just get something good enough and play. Pick your hero, Django, Metheny, Charlie Parker, or anyone else didn't give a shit what chair he was sitting in.

....just trying to do my back a favor......

User Info Menu

I’ve used an IKEA folding chair for years, either inside or out. Lightweight, comfy with an added gel pad, and was $25. I did the ‘special musician chair’ route. Waste of over $200. I threw it out)

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/pr...olding%20chair

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    Back OT, I think I found a good-un’ here. Might even get one myself.

Breakwater Bay Folding Teak Patio Dining Chair & Reviews | Wayfair
    I have a pair on the deck. They look great out there, but they're not as comfortable for me as they should be. The back is angled too far back. More of stool unless you like to play in a very laid back kind of posture. They're great for a light lunch al fresco though!

User Info Menu

....just trying to do my back a favor......
    I'm too young to be this much of a grumpy old man.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AllanAllen
    I'm too young to be this much of a grumpy old man.

See what I mean ? Maybe you need a better practice chair too !! : )

User Info Menu

..........or - - -this could be the one I ought to have bought for the practice room ..............love HON stuff - -no affiliation etc etc

Sorry! Something went wrong!

User Info Menu

I use the Gator Frameworks chair. It's OK, but I'm more comfortable using it along with a strap for a better playing angle.

This is another option. It's a keyboard chair but looks more comfortable for lengthy use.

User Info Menu

I just have this $8 IKEA foldable chair:

Sometimes used as an amp stand as well!

User Info Menu

This might be a little heavier than some of these chairs built for guys that weigh 130lbs LOL but what about a killer drum throne? I love my Roc n Soc and i have a very hosed back and i can go for hours on one of these. They also make one with a lumbar support. Again its heavier but VERRRRRYYYY comfy :-) one last edit: those are 2 different model thrones, the nitro is compression, other is clamp down, but i think both come both ways.

Roc-N-Soc Nitro Gas Throne - Black | Sweetwater

Outdoor Folding Guitar Player Chair?-screen-shot-2021-05-29-3-21-22-am-png
    edit: adding one with back rest

Outdoor Folding Guitar Player Chair?-green-back-jpg

..Here we go again for guitar chairs, only this time outdoors......Maybe something to throw in the trunk, knowing there'd be outdoor playing....

Found this, but ??

Sorry! Something went wrong!

Thanks....
    Last edited by thealps; 05-29-2021 at 03:32 AM. Reason: because im a dummy and posted 2 diff models