The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 54 of 54
    When I saw Albert King in Memphis and Little Rock he had Acoustic 2-15 with big HF horn built into it. He really played LOUD !!! Other times I think he would use about any amp that was fairly clean if he did not have Acoustic. I got to try his Erlewine I think flying V the one on the cover of the DVD and it had Black Diamond strings with a wound G. He did not use standard tuning. The Wolf Marshall AK book is excellent and CD that comes with it has some AKs best stuff IMO I got to play backing guitar on a session Albert whoI called Mr. King produced with Totsie Davis who wrote a big hit for SRV. Albert said this next one is gonna be in 3 4 then it just a standard blues that came in the 5 chord on the fourth beat! Whether he was illiterate or not Im not sure. I heard he would pretend to be to test people. But when I asked him to sign an album it took him quite a while to write just a little.I think I saw a picture of his son recently on Beale Street with a flying V bass.YEA!!! He is one of my ALLTIME FAVES BIG TIME!!!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

On Tone-Talk not too long ago Dave Friedman said he was called to service SRVs Steel String Singer in Detroit. He was able to get A.Dumbles phone number before he went and he told him it was an Ampeg SVT with one of his preamps in it.Not a clone of an SVT but an actual one!!! I did not see this but thats what Dave said on Tone-Talk about a year ago. That I did hear.I dont know Dave but I dont think he would lie about this on his show.But like I said I wasnt there. Stevie Ray copiers can find these a lot cheaper than SSS.Maybe add a copy preamp.I know vintage Vibroverbs are about twice as much as other vintage Fenders because of his use. I saw someone wanted13000$ for his old Tube Screamer 13K I think Carters Nashville had it for a while. Just for kicks the guy who has one of the pedal companies went to Caters Vintage and hooked up two Dumbles some EFX and a 1958 Les Paul.Did it sound like 250000 bucks? Not to most people.Ha!!!

User Info Menu

There is a video on YT where Michael Soldano tells the story where he gets a call from SRVs tech to fix his Dumble SSS. It's a cool story. SRV never played low volume...everything was dimed. Here he is doing a sound check...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steve burchfield
    On Tone-Talk not too long ago Dave Friedman said he was called to service SRVs Steel String Singer in Detroit. He was able to get A.Dumbles phone number before he went and he told him it was an Ampeg SVT with one of his preamps in it.Not a clone of an SVT but an actual one!!! I did not see this but thats what Dave said on Tone-Talk about a year ago. That I did hear.I dont know Dave but I dont think he would lie about this on his show.But like I said I wasnt there. Stevie Ray copiers can find these a lot cheaper than SSS.Maybe add a copy preamp.I know vintage Vibroverbs are about twice as much as other vintage Fenders because of his use. I saw someone wanted13000$ for his old Tube Screamer 13K I think Carters Nashville had it for a while. Just for kicks the guy who has one of the pedal companies went to Caters Vintage and hooked up two Dumbles some EFX and a 1958 Les Paul.Did it sound like 250000 bucks? Not to most people.Ha!!!
    It wasn't Dave Friedman, it was Michael Soldano. He was telling Dave Friedman the story.