The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. What a life!

Never Too Late: The Doc Severinsen Story traces the life and groundbreaking career of the unstoppable musical icon, revealing his personal trials and underscoring a remarkable journey of inspiration and obsession. The documentary premieres nationwide Friday, April 2 at 9 p.m. on PBS (check local listings).

American Masters - A series examining the lives, works, and creative processes of outstanding artists.

Never Too Late: The Doc Severinsen Story | American Masters | PBS
    Last edited by losaltosjoe; 04-04-2021 at 12:40 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Interesting as I was watching an old tonight show recently and was wondering what he's been up to after retiring.

User Info Menu

Whatever else he may or may not have, he has an ego. That may be a requirement for a career such as he's had, I wouldn't know, and don't really care. But it's evident he can still play, well into his 90s. I hope I can still play a little when I'm his age. Really, I just hope I can reach his age and still be coherent.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    Whatever else he may or may not have, he has an ego. That may be a requirement for a career such as he's had, I wouldn't know, and don't really care. But it's evident he can still play, well into his 90s. I hope I can still play a little when I'm his age. Really, I just hope I can reach his age and still be coherent.
    A jazz trumpet player whose band I sat in with many times (at his request) is getting right up there in age and still plays every day (and well). It must be all that... breathing.

User Info Menu

One of my favorite and most often listen to cd is Doc and the tonight show band!!!!! thanks for this info!!!!

User Info Menu

A guy I knew (trumpet) personally told me he once snorted with doc before the tonight show. Don't know if it's true but I have no reason to not believe him. I just think it's funny.

User Info Menu

I saw this video online a few months ago. As a trumpet player as well, it was inspiring and humbling. Even if you're not really into his music, he's still a hero. In his 90's he still plays better than I could ever hope to. It seems like he paid a price in his personal life, but we each make our deal.