The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 38

User Info Menu

Just thought I would quickly post this. This chair fits me very well. It is an office chair, with lumbar support and foldable armrest that you can rotate up. I saw this a few months ago, but did not want to spend the money. I did now since it is hard to find. Total cost was just under $129.00 US dollars at Walmart (apparently the only vendor).

The only caveat is that those with long torso and very broad shoulders might find the back of the upper arms nudging the bottom of the folded armrest.

Serta Air Lumbar Bonded Leather Manager Office Chair, Black - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The only comfortable one of the many chairs I own is the driver's seat of the RAV4. For the others I use various doodads. This is a serious issue, and probably an opportunity for an imaginative person.

User Info Menu

OK. I have read about the Sonus Chair. It's ridiculously expensive, but I recently saw Steve Vai talk about it, about how "it fits to your butt like butter" LOL. I'll never pay that kind of money for a chair, but if I had that kind of disposable income.... I might...

User Info Menu

Found a Great Chair for Guitar with Lumbar Support-img_1079-jpg this is a chair /stool from ZURI under 200$ i have two one for home one for gigs had them 10 years the home one is starting to show some wear on the covering

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    The only comfortable one of the many chairs I own is the driver's seat of the RAV4. For the others I use various doodads. This is a serious issue, and probably an opportunity for an imaginative person.
    So true. We had a great thread on chairs once. Many used "drummer thrones." (Google does not work quite as good as it used to when trying to find old threads..)

Now, I want the back support so drum thrones won't do. That Rav4 seat sounds like heaven if you can keep it from tipping over.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AlsoRan
    So true. We had a great thread on chairs once. Many used "drummer thrones." (Google does not work quite as good as it used to when trying to find old threads..)

Now, I want the back support so drum thrones won't do. That Rav4 seat sounds like heaven if you can keep it from tipping over.
    I have this model by Roc 'n' Soc with a back rest -- very comfy!

User Info Menu

I use a Wegen chair. They're made for musicians. Not cushy but it does encourage good posture.

Found a Great Chair for Guitar with Lumbar Support-wegen-chair-jpg

User Info Menu

Just thought I would quickly post this. This chair fits me very well. It is an office chair, with lumbar support and foldable armrest that you can rotate up. I saw this a few months ago, but did not want to spend the money. I did now since it is hard to find. Total cost was just under $129.00 US dollars at Walmart (apparently the only vendor).

The only caveat is that those with long torso and very broad shoulders might find the back of the upper arms nudging the bottom of the folded armrest.

Serta Air Lumbar Bonded Leather Manager Office Chair, Black - Walmart.com - Walmart.com
    The armrests only go half way up?

User Info Menu

Would love to see that thread.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DMgolf66
    Would love to see that thread.
    Somehow I found the thread.

Here you go:

Guitar practice chairs?

and for a bonus:

What type of seating used when playing?

User Info Menu

Somehow I found the thread.

Here you go:

Guitar practice chairs?

and for a bonus:

What type of seating used when playing?
    Bless your heart.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DMgolf66
    The armrests only go half way up?
    There is a brown version that shows what the armrests will do. I don't know what the straps are for. Seem odd. I am kind of intrigued about the chair though. My wife's office chair is falling apart and I could give her mine and get this one. I have issues with the armrests on mine. Can't play unless I lower them and sit on a pillow.

Edit: The strap is only on one side. What for? To pull the chair around to move it? Anyway I think that I will pass. It would be a pretty big step down from what I have for office use. I have a decent Herman Miller knock-off.
    Attached Images Attached Images Found a Great Chair for Guitar with Lumbar Support-5dccc1ba-53d3-43bf-841b-379ea5fee468_1-7ed1a7477d310487b00430837efee3be-jpeg 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lammie200
    There is a brown version that shows what the armrests will do. I don't know what the straps are for. Seem odd. I am kind of intrigued about the chair though. My wife's office chair is falling apart and I could give her mine and get this one. I have issues with the armrests on mine. Can't play unless I lower them and sit on a pillow.
    What works best for me is to raise the right armrest, and leave the other one down. When I play my Epiphone Sheraton II, this works best at the neck is up high enough to keep that armrest completely out of the way.

That strap you see, according to the instructions, was put there to hang things like headphones and such. There is also a pouch in the back, where I put my music books and maybe some gear like a small digital recorder.

The lumbar support hits me in a great spot. I am not sure if that would be the case with everyone. As an office chair, I have a different one with a better contoured seat, but it is still great. Now, I can type on my computer, and just reach over and grab my guitar and play it, without having to change seats. Very convenient.

User Info Menu

Someone started a thread recently on the Pick 'N' Glide chair.
    I had been curious about those.
    I don't think the name of the chair was in the title of the thread, so it's hard to find now

User Info Menu

Hi, A,
    Have you ever tried a CG bench? It's comfortable, easy to take to a gig and has been used by musicians for hundreds of years. Here a photo of mine. Play live . . . Marinero
    Attached Images Attached Images Found a Great Chair for Guitar with Lumbar Support-foot-stool-jpg 
    Last edited by Marinero; 03-17-2021 at 04:44 PM. Reason: deletion

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lammie200

Edit: The strap is only on one side. What for? To pull the chair around to move it? Anyway I think that I will pass. It would be a pretty big step down from what I have for office use. I have a decent Herman Miller knock-off.
    UPDATE: Well, I spoke a little too soon. It would be close to perfect if the armrest folder back out of the way. With some guitars, they kind of get in the way.

It is an upgrade over a fixed-armrest office chair, but still has a couple of issues that will keep one from getting that ideal playing position.

I am a bit bummed out. I recommend sitting in a model at your local Walmart first before you spend your money.

Siiiggghhh......

User Info Menu

You can probably take it back

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    You can probably take it back
    Thanks, but it works good enough for me and most of my guitars so no worries. Most importantly it works with my practice traveler guitar very well.

I just am not sure that it will work for all of my forum brethren (and "sisteren".. is that a word?). So caveat to all, depending on the shape of the guitar and your body, it might not work for you.

User Info Menu

Amazing. I have a 2017 Rav4 Hybrid XLE and I can only take an hour or 2 in that seat before I have to get out. It's one of the worst I've ever had. It must be due to different body size/ shape.

User Info Menu

Thanks, but it works good enough for me and most of my guitars so no worries. Most importantly it works with my practice traveler guitar very well.

I just am not sure that it will work for all of my forum brethren (and "sisteren".. is that a word?). So caveat to all, depending on the shape of the guitar and your body, it might not work for you.
    Hi, A,
    Back/neck problems can be a killer for a musician. . . especially if you're in the habit of leaning forward when you read music. However, that chair looks very comfortable but would be a p.i.t.a. to take on a gig! Good luck!
    Play live . . . Marinero

User Info Menu

Are the arms removable? Since they pivot, there must be an attaching bolt or pivot assembly there that could be removed.
    Granted, this would be a semi-permanent modification, but if you like everything else about the chair it might be worth looking into.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by va3ux
    Amazing. I have a 2017 Rav4 Hybrid XLE and I can only take an hour or 2 in that seat before I have to get out. It's one of the worst I've ever had. It must be due to different body size/ shape.
    The difference probably is that I have a very bad back. The lumbar support is just right for me, and the warmth from the sun-heated seats is very soothing. I would practice in the car, but there is just not enough room.
    I have tried.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coryB
    Are the arms removable? Since they pivot, there must be an attaching bolt or pivot assembly there that could be removed.
    Granted, this would be a semi-permanent modification, but if you like everything else about the chair it might be worth looking into.
    Hmm, you made me take a look.

I popped the silver cover off and there are a couple of screws that might allow me to remove, maybe even adjust the armrests. I will let you know how it all turns out...

User Info Menu

The difference probably is that I have a very bad back. The lumbar support is just right for me, and the warmth from the sun-heated seats is very soothing. I would practice in the car, but there is just not enough room.
    I have tried.
    go to the junkyard, buy the car seat and have it installed in your home, problem solved. now was that so hard?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by va3ux

2015 Highlander..worst seats ever. like sitting on bleachers at a high school football game.