The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 38 of 38

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coryB
    Are the arms removable? Since they pivot, there must be an attaching bolt or pivot assembly there that could be removed.
    Granted, this would be a semi-permanent modification, but if you like everything else about the chair it might be worth looking into.
    Coryb, the arms can be removed, but I am afraid that if I remove the screws, the nuts they screw into may fall into the fabric of the chair. I had better leave well enough alone.

It does work well enough for home practice. Definitely not portable as Marino mentioned.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    go to the junkyard, buy the car seat and have it installed in your home, problem solved. now was that so hard?
    Slight hitch - the seatbelt/shoulder harness is part of the therapy.

Believe me, the thought has crossed my mind many, many times.

User Info Menu

I have a SoundSeat musicians chair and have found it to be very comfortable and very well made: Welcome to SoundSeat. You can order it with or without the backrest, removable arms, and casters. There are two seat sizes to select from and you start from there to customize your seat with numerous options. I use mine as an office chair as well. I’m not sure about shipping outside the United States given the size and weight of the box. The folks that answer the phone are very friendly and helpful.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    OK. I have read about the Sonus Chair. It's ridiculously expensive, but I recently saw Steve Vai talk about it, about how "it fits to your butt like butter" LOL. I'll never pay that kind of money for a chair, but if I had that kind of disposable income.... I might...
    $2-3K for one chair?....I agree with you....absolute insanity. Yikes!

User Info Menu

I use a QuickLok chair....works for me and doesn't cost 2 grand...

User Info Menu

I saw this on YouTube

User Info Menu

I have a chair sort of like that that I got from one of the office supply stores, I can't even remember which. It has a mesh back and seat, but the arms fold up just like that. Very handy, and relatively comfortable. I mostly use it for working at the computer, but I've been using it a lot for playing, because it rolls around and doesn't require getting up and changing chairs. I don't recall the price, but I think it was under $100.

User Info Menu

need the toby...amp and chair all in one!!

as used by the great gabor szabo

cheers

User Info Menu

Perhaps more elegant looking than Tal's home-built stool/amp, but I don't know if it would get his sound.

User Info Menu

For the past 25 years I've been using the Nadachair (Pelvic and Back Support Sling for Good Posture | Nada Concepts, Inc.. Highly recommended.

Found a Great Chair for Guitar with Lumbar Support-nadachair-jpg

This ensures good posture while eliminating the need for any special kind of chair—
    the height of the chair becomes the only critical factor.

Now I use an eight dollar IKEA stool with a pad attached by Velcro. It is stable, just the right height, and extremely lightweight:

Found a Great Chair for Guitar with Lumbar Support-stool-jpg

Plus they stack, so I can take one for my chair and one for a powered speaker. I would never play out without bringing the chair I’m used to practicing and rehearsing with.

Poor posture is a key cause of nerve problems, because basically all nerves emanate from the base of your skull, and if you are slumping you are basically compressing nerves, including the crucial ulnar nerve that innervates your third finger and pinky.

This is why it is important to keep both feet flat on the ground. Note the excellent posture displayed by Joe Pass in the previous photograph.

Never use a footstool. This throws your posture off. Instead use a guitar support. Here's the one I use:

Found a Great Chair for Guitar with Lumbar Support-support-jpg

I removed the suction cups and replaced them with Velcro for a solid, permanent solution, that folds up and fits in the guitar case. I don't mind having the Velcro permanently on the back of my ES 125 because I will never sell it and I'm more interested in being able to play it than keeping it looking pretty.

Hope this helps a few people. It's what I’ve learned from nearly 30 years of struggling with problems that ultimately were traceable to poor posture.

User Info Menu

These are at least twice the price of the one that the OP posted but they are all mesh like the chair that I have right now. Except mine doesn't have flip up arms which is kind of a pain.

Sorry! Something went wrong!

Sorry! Something went wrong!
    Attached Images Attached Images Found a Great Chair for Guitar with Lumbar Support-81mdihwhnnl-_ac_sl1500_-jpg Found a Great Chair for Guitar with Lumbar Support-71s3zv2npcl-_ac_sl1444_-jpg 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Clark
    For the past 25 years I've been using the Nadachair (Pelvic and Back Support Sling for Good Posture | Nada Concepts, Inc.. Highly recommended.

Found a Great Chair for Guitar with Lumbar Support-nadachair-jpg

This ensures good posture while eliminating the need for any special kind of chair—
    the height of the chair becomes the only critical factor.

Now I use an eight dollar IKEA stool with a pad attached by Velcro. It is stable, just the right height, and extremely lightweight:

Found a Great Chair for Guitar with Lumbar Support-stool-jpg

Plus they stack, so I can take one for my chair and one for a powered speaker. I would never play out without bringing the chair I’m used to practicing and rehearsing with.

Poor posture is a key cause of nerve problems, because basically all nerves emanate from the base of your skull, and if you are slumping you are basically compressing nerves, including the crucial ulnar nerve that innervates your third finger and pinky.

This is why it is important to keep both feet flat on the ground. Note the excellent posture displayed by Joe Pass in the previous photograph.

Never use a footstool. This throws your posture off. Instead use a guitar support. Here's the one I use:

Found a Great Chair for Guitar with Lumbar Support-support-jpg

I removed the suction cups and replaced them with Velcro for a solid, permanent solution, that folds up and fits in the guitar case. I don't mind having the Velcro permanently on the back of my ES 125 because I will never sell it and I'm more interested in being able to play it than keeping it looking pretty.

Hope this helps a few people. It's what I’ve learned from nearly 30 years of struggling with problems that ultimately were traceable to poor posture.

User Info Menu

I use the Mundo support to help prevent slumping around the guitar. It lifts the instrument up so that I can sit straight, feet flat on the floor, and play without needing to get lower. It's needed more on smaller guitars, but I use it even with my 18" archtop. I really, really like it.
    MUNDO GUITAR SUPPORT – Mundo Music Gear
    It's also available on etsy. Not cheap, but no more than a top quality strap.