User Info Menu

For those interested in an amazing concert from 1997 with Tal Charlie and Herb - click the link below. Some of the best interplay I’ve ever seen. I loved Tal’s version of Embraceable You starting at 34:00 - he plays these beautiful harmonics off the fingerboard - just amazing talent.

These guys just heat up the stage -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I enjoy all combinations of The Great Guitars. I haven't heard one that wasn't first-rate. Fortunately all that I know of include Charlie Byrd, who had more swing than any guitarist I've ever heard. He could play.

User Info Menu

Steve,
    Thank you for posting this video of Tal. Herb. & Charlie Byrd, fabulous stuff. The Blue Skies song
    sung by Charle B, with the harmonics picking by Tal , and solo by Herb , was outstanding.
    A very good thing that we have Videos and their recordings to remind us of how good they all
    were. IIRC Herb along with Joe Pass visited my late Tutor here . and I got to hear them and
    saw Tal on a gig here in the UK in 1983 (?) on a later visit again at the Pizza Express Jazz venue
    a soft spoken very nice guy , and the very first Jazz Guitarist I ever heard as a young lad.
    Charlie joked " eat your heart out GB " but he"s no slouch either.

Alan