The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

For those interested - reputable NYC dealer Larry Wexer has acquired 7 Archtops from a collector. Here are two, and the others are Gibson Archtops from the 90’s. Ill let everyone know when the balance are posted. They are consignments and all reasonable offers will be considered.

When it comes to trusting a dealer - Larry is one of the best in the World - and has experience shipping domestically and internationally. A stress free buying experience.

Here is link to Larry’s website

Laurence Wexer, Ltd. - Fine Fretted Instruments

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

The Tal is a 1963 and L5 is 2000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I saw that Tal and agree about him, one of the most knowledgeable dealers.

ps Larry's a friend of mine too, going back to his Mandolin Bros days

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    I saw that Tal and agree about him, one of the most knowledgeable dealers.

ps Larry's a friend of mine too, going back to his Mandolin Bros days
    Wow - that’s great Wintermoon. I remember my Mandolin Brother visits going back to the 80’s - a fun place. Larry is a good friend of mine as well.

With almost all guitar buying online now - trust is so important , and that’s what you can count on with Larry.

He’s on one the most knowledgable dealers in the country - with the upmost integrity.

User Info Menu

I'm guessing the covers were corroded by the outgassing guard, hence the replacements, but otherwise a beautiful example of an orig Tal, though I wonder why the knobs were swapped out. Be very hard to find an orig set, they only came on a couple models back then.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    I'm guessing the covers were corroded by the outgassing guard, hence the replacements, but otherwise a beautiful example of an orig Tal, though I wonder why the knobs were swapped out. Be very hard to find an orig set, they only came on a couple models back then.
    The flame in the wood on the Tal is fantastic - especially the back. I don’t know about the knobs , but overall a beautiful example.

I hear a few of the 90’s Gibson’s are real good too.

Last edited by QAman; 01-22-2021 at 02:43 AM.

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting these, Steve. I agree entirely with you and Wintermoon. Larry is the best. A completely trustworthy dealer, who also happens
    to be an excellent player.

I just received these pics of a remarkable Hutch labeled L5 CT from Larry . Here was his comment on condition:

Near mint, a few minor marks.really loud , extra good sound.

The price on this particular one is $7500 firm .

The L5 Ct is now on Larry’s website with a full description

2001 Gibson L-5CT Cherry > Guitars Archtop Electric & Acoustic | Laurence Wexer Ltd.

User Info Menu

Thanks QAman for the heads up! I just emailed the dealer about that blond L5CT!

I'm super curious to know what are the other models from the 90s that will be coming!

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarJay
    Thanks QAman for the heads up! I just emailed the dealer about that blond L5CT!

I'm super curious to know what are the other models from the 90s that will be coming!
    I know one is a beautiful Super400, and I’m waiting for Larry to send me pics. No risk buying from Larry - he’s very well connected and has access to some of the best collections coming to market.

There are two remaining to post- which are a blonde L5c - $7500 and a Super 400 sunburst - $8000 .....all in same impeccable condition.

If anyone is interested - reach out to Larry, He will consider all reasonable offers.

User Info Menu

Larry responded very quickly to my inquiry. Unfortunately, the neck of that blond L5CT is too thin for me. I had an incredible blond one from the same era, but sold it because I gravitate toward my guitars with rounded 50s neck profiles. Too bad, else I'd have made an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarJay
    Larry responded very quickly to my inquiry. Unfortunately, the neck of that blond L5CT is too thin for me. I had an incredible blond one from the same era, but sold it because I gravitate toward my guitars with rounded 50s neck profiles. Too bad, else I'd have made an offer.
    The blonde L5CTES is a real beauty . Too bad it didn’t meet your needs.

Larry just posted the Super 400 and a Beautiful blonde L5 for those interested.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Here's a link to Laurence Wexer's exquisite collection listed on Gbase.

https://www.gbase.com/powered/laurence-wexer-ltd