The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 21 of 21

User Info Menu

The doctor/scientists promoting Ivermectin as a prophylaxis for COVID-19 are making progress.

Last week they testified/advocated with the NIH.

Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC) Invited to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel to Present Latest Data on Ivermectin

This brief video makes the info digestible to the layman.
    He testified to the NIH.
    His research is for the WHO.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

jkritter,

Where in my post or its contents do you see the suggestion that
    people use ivermectin formulations intended for veterinary use?

User Info Menu

Excuse me for offering a bit more general information to the forum at large. Post deleted.

The NIH changes its mind; no longer "against" ivermectin.

Link, highlighted in blue, to NIH release in this FLCCC Alliance statement:

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-c...2021-final.pdf

User Info Menu

In the history of treating viral infections, nothing has ever effectively treated a viral infection except a medication specifically formulated to treat viruses.

I doubt that a pinworm treatment will do anything except increase profits for Merck.

Here is a rundown of treatments with reasonable support for efficacy, from the Infectious Disease Society of
    America:

Infectious Diseases Society of America Guidelines on the Treatment and Management of Patients with COVID-19

User Info Menu

I don’t really have time to go down this rabbit hole, but the group pushing ivermectin was founded by physicians who emphasize alternative or complementary care, especially diet and vitamins. Few if any of them have a background in infectious diseases.

What's Behind the Ivermectin-for-COVID Buzz? | MedPage Today

My bias is that the more an unorthodox scientific group wants something to be true, the less likely it is to be true. This attitude has not failed me in 35 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff

My bias is that the more an unorthodox scientific group wants something to be true, the less likely it is to be true. This attitude has not failed me in 35 years.
    Doctor Jeff,

I suggest you do a little research on the modern state of knowledge of cognitive bias.

The doctors who constitute the FLCCC Alliance are all deeply experienced senior practitioners
    and have amassed a collectively huge research & publishing record.
    They don't have a profit interest in the stuff or the ideas they are promoting.

I think they'll be proven correct.

I want to make the point, easily missed, is that ivermectin may be most importantly used prophylactically.

A brief, cheap oral course reduces the likelihood of symptomatic infection
    until you are protected by vaccination. Seems to reduce severity among those
    who become symptomatic, also.

The links I've posted above primarily deal with symptomatic treatment.

South Africa reverses course:Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

User Info Menu

I don’t really have time to go down this rabbit hole, but the group pushing ivermectin was founded by physicians who emphasize alternative or complementary care, especially diet and vitamins. Few if any of them have a background in infectious diseases.

What's Behind the Ivermectin-for-COVID Buzz? | MedPage Today

Geddit?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit
    I trust a lawyer to make decisions about health about as much as they would trust me to write up their will.

"Wonder drug"...I throw up in my mouth a little whenever I hear that.

Not to discount completely that a drug used to treat worms might treat a viral infection. I don't think it's likely. But if sufficiently powered, double-blinded, controlled, randomized clinical trials show it to work, I'll believe it.

Dragging this out again 'cause there is news and because we're approaching 500,000 lost in USA alone.

Bill & Melinda Gates outfit splashing the cash to enable this major ivermectin study:

McMaster researchers leading international study to test three widely available drugs for early COVID-19 treatment – Brighter World

The audio interview here (below) is long but easier to digest than the text.
    This outfit has found a way to improve ivermectin's solubility, thereby potentiating it medically and practically.
    My speculation is that when this fellow talks about negotiating
    to have his stuff included in the biggest ivermectin science trial yet,
    he's talking about the link above.

Ivermectin: Breakthrough in human application, as scientists aim to save world from Covid-19, malaria

User Info Menu

Until the experts at NIH have seen some persuasive randomized trials I won’t pay much attention to the folks promoting it.
    Ivermectin | COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by KirkP
    Until the experts at NIH have seen some persuasive randomized trials I won’t pay much attention to the folks promoting it.
    Ivermectin | COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines
    Certainly your right, but why question the folks promoting it?

The prime movers in this are the practicing physicians of the FLCCC Alliance and they
    don't have a profit interest in ivermectin.

Ivermectin itself is a now-generic, low profit proposition; except for current market driven price inflation.

Turns out that populations in African nations who receive ivermectin prophylactically
    to prevent the terrible diseases familiar to those places enjoy a strong
    protective effect against covid-19.

A COVID-19 prophylaxis? Lower incidence associated with prophylactic administration of ivermectin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit
    Turns out that populations in African nations who receive ivermectin prophylactically
    to prevent the terrible diseases familiar to those places enjoy a strong
    protective effect against covid-19.

A COVID-19 prophylaxis? Lower incidence associated with prophylactic administration of ivermectin
    My problem is with people who hype products making claims that exceed what the exceed science would support—especially if those people represent themselves as experts. The hydroxychloroquine fiasco is an extreme example. It’s too early to say whether ivermectin will have a similar outcome.

For the paper you posted above, it looks like only an association shown. As they say, correlation does not imply causation. The study may show value in continued research, but it in no way confirms that ivermectin has value as a treatment for COVID. I don’t think that paper has been peer reviewed. That’s another critical step before any definitive conclusions can be reached.

Your path to "definitive conclusions" would be mile-marked by hundreds of thousands of needless, avoidable definitive deaths.

Ivermectin has been used safely for decades. Its developers got a Nobel Prizes for the good done.
    It is a known, generally benign quantity.

By the way, the doctors of the FLCCC Alliance ARE experts; many decades of research, clinical practice and hundreds
    of scientific publishings. They have been peer reviewed, too.

There's a large and growing body of evidence that it works, and very well.

This link is the latest on the 42 studies of ivermectin included in the meta-analysis.
    This doesn't have to hurt; the info is handily all summarized in the blue box at the top.

Notice please the third bullet point; chance of 1 in 4 Trillion that ivermectin didn't
    cause the life-saving positive results.

Ivermectin is effective for COVID-19: real-time meta analysis of 42 studies

Want to try a little wager that ivermectin is WHO-approved and in widespread use by end of calendar 2021?

User Info Menu

How 'bout the MMR vaccine? Just heard something about it today. A prophylaxis perhaps?

Something about that Navy ship that went to New York. Many staff members were infected with "the rona", but only one hospitalized. Turns out he was the only one with no MMR vaccination in his history (something like that).

Anyway, now people are getting another MMR shot because the one that they received when they were young was too long ago.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Donplaysguitar
    How 'bout the MMR vaccine? Just heard something about it today. A prophylaxis perhaps?

Something about that Navy ship that went to New York. Many staff members were infected with "the rona", but only one hospitalized. Turns out he was the only one with no MMR vaccination in his history (something like that).

Anyway, now people are getting another MMR shot because the one that they received when they were young was too long ago.
    There is zero way any person serves on a Navy ship these days without 2 MMR doses. Plus about a dozen other vaccines.

User Info Menu

There is zero way any person serves on a Navy ship these days without 2 MMR doses. Plus about a dozen other vaccines.
    Navy/Schmavy - what is the AMA scuttlebutt on MMR, doc?