User Info Menu

Here’s a instrumental guitars cover of the Glen Campbell classic. All electrics and acoustics are tuned to DADGAD. A kind of learning project for me to learn the tuning better. Enjoy!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Most wonderful! I really think thats very high quality work! Please keep it up! I think you would like Alan Pasquas version because of the reharmonization but it has no guitar so its apples and oranges Happy New everybody with some really good new music!

User Info Menu

?

User Info Menu

Wow—that is top shelf for sure!

Great sound—there are some other instrumental versions out there—I seemed to remember one from Pat Metheny with an acoustic baritone—but maybe I’m mixed up.

I think that you capture the rhythm of the vocal piece very well though. And great soloing!

The tone from your guitars is exquisite—did you use a baritone? Or down tuned Tele? What are the other guitars on the cut?

User Info Menu

Thanks for the kind compliments - I’m glad you enjoyed it.

I didn’t use a baritone, but all the guitars are tuned to DADGAD.

The acoustic parts (two, I think) were played on a Loar LO-16, a copy of a ‘30s Gibson L-00. One part is capoed pretty high up, trying to get that Nashville high-strung acoustic sound.

All the “amps” and effects are the built-in modelers in Logic Pro.

All the electric parts were recorded with this hardtail Strat. The pickup was custom wound for me by Bill Lawrence, back when he was still living. Low output, very clean pickup, not mid-focused - Bill called it “full-range”. Again, tuned to DADGAD - in part this recording was an effort to learn the tuning better.

NOT JAZZ: Wichita Lineman Instrumental Cover DADGAD-610a6df4-555c-4ea1-9513-c00a5858a623-jpeg

NOT JAZZ: Wichita Lineman Instrumental Cover DADGAD-568f9e56-4a69-4034-880e-7e9b76c3ff7f-jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    Wow—that is top shelf for sure!

Great sound—there are some other instrumental versions out there—I seemed to remember one from Pat Metheny with an acoustic baritone—but maybe I’m mixed up.

I think that you capture the rhythm of the vocal piece very well though. And great soloing!

The tone from your guitars is exquisite—did you use a baritone? Or down tuned Tele? What are the other guitars on the cut?
    Last edited by BickertRules; 01-25-2021 at 05:24 PM.