The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

this winter my hands are dry and finger tips cracking any one have preference of treatment,lotion ?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Shea butter's the best - if you don't mind smelling of shea butter - Palmer's Cocoa Butter (you'll smell of chocolate)

Nivea works for me...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dot75
    Shea butter's the best - if you don't mind smelling of shea butter - Palmer's Cocoa Butter (you'll smell of chocolate)

Nivea works for me...
    +1 absolutely. Many kinds out there. Some have a lighter feel, lighter scent. Lots to chose from.

thanks my dress shoes and suits are lasting a lot longer along with my deoderant.So yea problem there.lolTHANKS!!!!i will try them out.

User Info Menu

Bag Balm, originally developed to prevent/cure chapping on cow udders in winter. Once again, beware the smell. Bag Balm Review - The Dermatology Review

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Easier on the nose than Bag Balm, but very good. I like O'''Keeffe'''s Working Hands

thanks to alll

User Info Menu

Plus one for Bag Balm and give Cornhusker's Lotion a try. Available at your local Pharmacy, where you can also get BB.

User Info Menu

Vaseline at night. If you can stand it, slather it on and then put socks over your hands.

More importantly, drink more water. I drink about 2 gallons a day in the winter.

User Info Menu

LubriDerm, because my wife buys it, and I steal a little of it now and then. Seems to work well enough. I don't really believe there is any magic ingredient in any of the lotions sold, just magic spells sold to the gullible. There isn't much difference in any of them, IMO. Cheaper is usually better. Repeatedly, tests of cosmetics find that if the testing is blind, and the women (or men) don't know the brands, the cheapest always wins, because it works better. But there is a stubborn religious belief that if it's expensive, it must be better. It is, in the sense that it's better for making more money for the manufacturer.

User Info Menu

O'Keeffe's Working Hands is the best product we've found for skin cracks. Available almost everywhere, inexpensive and doesn't smell.

Danny W.

User Info Menu

I've been using the Neutrogena Norwegian Formula hand cream for a few years once it gets cold and dry. Very little smell, and a little goes a long way.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    LubriDerm, because my wife buys it, and I steal a little of it now and then. Seems to work well enough. I don't really believe there is any magic ingredient in any of the lotions sold, just magic spells sold to the gullible. There isn't much difference in any of them, IMO. Cheaper is usually better. Repeatedly, tests of cosmetics find that if the testing is blind, and the women (or men) don't know the brands, the cheapest always wins, because it works better. But there is a stubborn religious belief that if it's expensive, it must be better. It is, in the sense that it's better for making more money for the manufacturer.
    A principle that tends to hold true in many things- guitars, wristwatches, fountain pens and spouses, too!

User Info Menu

There is an old saying, that women are expensive, no matter whether you rent, lease, or buy.

Certainly, price is not always an accurate indicator of value.

User Info Menu

Does anybody ever wonder why so few women contribute to this forum? Or is it blindingly obvious?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Danny W.
    O'Keeffe's Working Hands is the best product we've found for skin cracks. Available almost everywhere, inexpensive and doesn't smell.

Danny W.
    I told my wife that my hands were really dry and I had skin cracks. Next thing I know I see a tube of O'Keeffe's Working Hands. This works well and doesn't smell so I love it.

I have some skin cracks in the area between the thumb and the index finger (where the half-moon is). Playing guitar was causing some of this (as was using a broom when sweeping the patio outside). This hand cream works wonders. BUT, I will say I have found the most important thing is consistent application. E.g. each time I'm done playing or doing yard work I use Working Hands.

Oh, and as it relates to women in general; if one tends to have negative views toward women, I have found the reason is the guy and clearly not women-in-general. E.g. shit attracts flies.
    Last edited by jameslovestal; 12-29-2020 at 09:04 PM.

User Info Menu

just Vaseline intensive care. I've had a big bottle of it for yrs, never seems to run out.

User Info Menu

The Hemp hand Moisturizer from the Body Shop is the best I have ever used
    https://www.amazon.com/Body-Shop-Hem...31&tag=mh0b-20