The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

They only stole the special model of Les Paul.

Last edited by AlsoRan; 11-12-2020 at 05:18 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

...... at about the 2:38 mark: " - fans are going so crazy over these things they will steal them before they get to the dealer... ".......

........oh really - - so 'fans' stole these ??.......

User Info Menu

Quite often there is an "inside" person when these types of thefts take place. I wonder....

User Info Menu

Sad to hear.
    Stealing guitars is NOT cool. ;o)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AlsoRan
    Quite often there is an "inside" person when these types of thefts take place. I wonder....
    Who can it be now?

Sweetwater Gibson Les Paul Shipment Stolen off Truck-unnamed-jpg

User Info Menu

This is just... so... 2020.... Words fail me. This is some twisted stuff.
    Last edited by citizenk74; 11-12-2020 at 09:02 PM. Reason: tyP0

User Info Menu

Why am I thinking of Goodfellas?

User Info Menu

Maybe it is a PR stunt.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bach5G
    Why am I thinking of Goodfellas?

!!!!

User Info Menu

I'll call my boys in Chicago. I'm sure there are some great CASH deals on these guitars! Sorry Visa.
    Play live . . . Marinero

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    Maybe it is a PR stunt.
    Maybe? How many people just didn't care, but now are caught up in the frenzy of how "valuable" and "collectable" a Gibson can be? They say in the video that the double neck was a flop. PR stunt. Mission Accomplished!
    People on the ground grumble about the bad QC, the inconsistent electronics, the finishes that fade and discolour with sweat (believe me, I worked at a GC, I've seen it), and it's a daily battle of damage control...you know the story of Gibson's shooting themselves in the foot.
    Suddenly, the talk of the town is Gibsons are so valuable that people are making videos on how valuable they are, and they'll STEAL them for their black market value!
    The Gibson execs are dancing on their desks today. Insurance company covers it. Joe Average has some exciting guitar to look forward to when Gibson issues the Epiphone version of this guitar. Sweetwater's customers will get their guitars in the second run Gibson is making right now, Gibson employees are happy those orders are keeping them in work and the only loser is the insurance company.
    Win win.