The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 36 of 36

User Info Menu

Scary film. My wife is to my eyes much more attractive as a room mate!
    Last edited by Rob MacKillop; 11-10-2020 at 07:11 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Just read that the sound of that Nash Point foghorn in Wales was used in the Lighthouse film (it was blended with the sound of another one at Sumburgh in Shetland).

User Info Menu

Now I want to see the film! It was filmed in Nova Scotia and they built a full-scale lighthouse for the film (the location had a modern lighthouse): Cape Forchu, Nova Scotia - Wikipedia

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    Willem Dafoe or Robert Pattinson?

Either one is trouble.

I “enjoyed” the movie...it’s a hard one to watch, but worth it IMO. Great performances, brilliant soundtrack and sound editing, and unbelievable photography. Every scene is like an Ansel Adams print.

As far as the plot, let’s say it’s like Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolf set in a desolate lighthouse, with Defoe as the Elizabeth Taylor character. Oh and with hallucinations and sexual stuff.

User Info Menu

......Maybe this ??... ..Hope so !

User Info Menu

Well, take out the rolling arpeggios from the piano, and yes. I'm not a fan of the rolling arp!

User Info Menu

Something moody:

User Info Menu

The title of this one isn’t particularly apt for a foggy November, but it’s nice and lonesome:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Not quite like that! I've long-coveted such a house, though, one designed by Robert Louis Stevenson's family - that's what they did around Scottish shores.

Doug B is right - that "Lift to the Scaffold" sound track is exactly what I have in mind.

Louis Malle's first film & worth watching - It's on amazon / netflix ? as is a documentary about the making of the movie...

The 24 yr old Malle asked Miles to 'just play' to a screening & didn't tell him the plot.

User Info Menu

The fog has gone. You can all go back to your arpeggios

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    The fog has gone.
    Hooray! Time to hit the beach!