The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Either that or the Olympics.

User Info Menu

PS 2019 has passed.

User Info Menu

anyway Talent is a Talent...:-)

User Info Menu

Well he missed some of the fastest parts or played them a bit weaker, but he will surely get on top of that, given his obvious virtuosic capability.

And did you notice that the girls smiled while the boys looked a bit... defeated? Lol. Such is life.

Finally, America's Got Talent would never award that kid. AGT is pop art. The judges frequently say "I would go see that act in Vegas, so it's a Yes vote for me".

User Info Menu

He didn’t win, but apparently he made it to the quarter-finals, got the judges’ vote and got to the semi-finals (if I understand this lot correctly):

America's Got Talent (season 14) - Wikipedia

User Info Menu

He seems to be doing ok.

Marcin Patrzalek - Wikipedia

User Info Menu

Yeah, switched to acoustic guitar and starting tapping and whatnot.

I don't think that any instrumentalist will ever win that show but we'll see.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GTRMan
    Well he missed some of the fastest parts or played them a bit weaker, but he will surely get on top of that, given his obvious virtuosic capability.

And did you notice that the girls smiled while the boys looked a bit... defeated? Lol. Such is life.

Finally, America's Got Talent would never award that kid. AGT is pop art. The judges frequently say "I would go see that act in Vegas, so it's a Yes vote for me".
    Yeah. I did notice he missed note number 2,180 during that tremelo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mauibob
    Yeah. I did notice he missed note number 2,180 during that tremelo
    Well 'twas I that said he was a virtuoso, and yes he's very fast.

But before all the ass-kissing goes of the charts, perhaps a sober assessment is not out of order?

He ain't John Williams. Not yet, anyway.

User Info Menu

Guy on internet:

"I can do that. I just choose not to."

User Info Menu

If you're talking about me I never said that. Far from it.

I think he's great. I also think that his going to the acoustic guitar and playing all that jive-ass "music" was selling out - but hey - AGT and $1M so he really had to, I guess.

I think that anybody who can play classical that well should stay on course. I suppose that's controversial on the interwebs too (oh no!) but I don't really give a shit.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Guy on internet:

"I can do that. I just choose not to."
    Q: How many guitarists does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: Six. One to change the bulb and five to stand in the front row and say "Meh. I can do that."

User Info Menu

It's not that. He was in a competition. Criticism and adjudgement applies after every round. Tough shit if you don't like it. Competition is not for the meek, or the thin-skinned.

Furthermore, and this is slightly different for some but - perfection is the standard in classical. It goes with the territory. Don't like being held to that standard? Play another style, or be a teacher.

How many GFA competitions or Parkening competitions have you guys attended, and soaked up the musical competition atmosphere? They're fun, and exciting. The winner is perhaps "on their way".

Especially the Parkening on the Pepperdine campus in Malibu. Recommended.

User Info Menu

Yeah, totally wasn't talking about you. Didn't even notice you'd commented.

User Info Menu

All good. And I'm for the kid.

I'm for the classical guitar. A very rare, lonely, and difficult art.

User Info Menu

This Polish young guitarist is a showman..He make fast career.Talent Competitions and youtube is a good place for it.
    It is not my music but he is really talented.
    Best
    Kris

User Info Menu

He will peak early, while the boy behind him will be recognised as a maestro.
    The boy to his left will become a famous critic.
    The boy at the back will make millions selling widgets.