User Info Menu

Looks good anybody have this? The hardcover complete TAB book by Hal Leonard is getting to small for aging eyes not mention the convenience of a Real Book layout.

"The book is professionally copied and meticulously checked for accuracy in melody and rhythms while also presenting the harmonies within a jazz-oriented context"

the link works not sure why it says this:

Sorry! Something went wrong!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Looks like a great resource.

User Info Menu

I’m not familiar with that version. But I I have the one in the link below. I think it’s excellent if you like the Beatles. A bit pricy and you need good reading glasses.

Hal Leonard The Beatles Complete Scores Book | Guitar Center

edit sorry I just realized you already said you have it but the print is too small. It’s not easy to do because it’s a bound book, but I copy the pages I need and print them enlarged.

It’s a pain in the butt, but it is a good book. I just wished they made the print larger.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fasteddie
    I’m not familiar with that version. But I I have the one in the link below. I think it’s excellent if you like the Beatles. A bit pricy and you need good reading glasses.

Hal Leonard The Beatles Complete Scores Book | Guitar Center

edit sorry I just realized you already said you have it but the print is too small. It’s not easy to do because it’s a bound book, but I copy the pages I need and print them enlarged.

It’s a pain in the butt, but it is a good book. I just wished they made the print larger.
    25 or so years ago I got this book as a birthday present. Very useful book, but yea hard to read. I like that it contains most of the cover songs the band played in their early years; E.g. Honey Don't and Act Naturally, Baby Its You, Devil In Her Heart (a pop II\V\I song with a niffy change from C to Cm7 in the B section),,, etc....

As for the small print; I took the 50 or so songs I liked the most and used Band-in-the-Box to create large font lead sheets to hand out to others (with no repeated sections so the others did have to learn the sequencing), so most songs would fit on a page or two.

We only wanted the chords since we didn't wish to play solos (the few there are), "as written", but for a few songs (e.g. Something), I did use the book to learn that note-for-note which often resulted in a "hey, that's cool!".