The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

To fill in time during Covid, my wife and I are revisiting old tv series, like Barney Miller, or MASH, and so on. But being a little older than her, I also remember great private detective series from the 50's and 60's like Peter Gunn, Johnny Staccato, 77 Sunset Strip, and so on. In almost all of these old series, there are loads of shots of nightcubs with real musicians in the band playing there. We all know the famous Peter Gunn theme, but there was a lot of really good way out bop in the soundtrack of Peter Gunn. It's not like it is all guitar jazz (it's not) but you might be surprised by the number of L-5's that make a brief cameo appearance.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Barney Kessel on Perry Mason is the only one I’m familiar with. I’ve never seen the episode.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThatRhythmMan
    Barney Kessel on Perry Mason is the only one I’m familiar with. I’ve never seen the episode.

Ah, when bongos were king!

User Info Menu

Man! How did I not immediately think of Herb Ellis in Sanford and Son!!!

User Info Menu

Billy Bean and Peter Gunn

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

That’s Bobby Troup!

User Info Menu

Archtops on TV!-wm-jpg

WM on the Hollywood Palace, w/ Herb Alpert as host......Day in The Life album cover behind him....HA introduces him as 'my favorite guitarist'....
    There's another Hollywood Palace show w/WM as guest w/ Liza Minelli

User Info Menu

Archtops on TV!-wm-2-jpg

...And this was all we had - - even though at the time WM had a top ten album and single !!