Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

Hey all,

I have a little bit of a jazz tune stuck in my head and I can't remember which one it is. It is driving me nuts. Can I post a god awful snippet of me humming it and have ya'll help me identify it? I hate when this happens to me!

If this isn't the right place to ask this sort of thing, can you point me to somewhere where people post earworms, in mad fits, trying to identify them? lol.

Thanks!

Troy

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Ohhhh yea!, Boplicity! I have saved many peoples ears today.

I'm still curious is there is a thread or jazz forum somewhere for situations like these.

User Info Menu

yeah you can post stuff like that here..maybe in chit chat... or ...everything else, i think is fine too

been done before

boplicity huh..well at least you're thinkin good thoughts!!! haha

welcome aboard

cheers

Good thoughts indeed It was a good earworm to have stuck in my head. It just literally drives me bonkers when I can't pin it down! lol.

Glad to know it's safe to ask about these things around here. It happens to me way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    yeah you can post stuff like that here..maybe in chit chat... or ...everything else, i think is fine too

been done before

boplicity huh..well at least you're thinkin good thoughts!!! haha

welcome aboard

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tronus
    Hey all,

I have a little bit of a jazz tune stuck in my head and I can't remember which one it is. It is driving me nuts. Can I post a god awful snippet of me humming it and have ya'll help me identify it? I hate when this happens to me!

If this isn't the right place to ask this sort of thing, can you point me to somewhere where people post earworms, in mad fits, trying to identify them? lol.

Thanks!

Troy
    There is an App that you can download and hum into your phone and it will give you names .

Definitely... I downloaded SoundHound because it reads your humming unlike Shazam or whatever it is. I tried some online humming services as well as some "tap-the-melody," sites. Nothing got me there. I think had it been a Green Day song, things would have been a little easier to track down using those apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertkoa
    There is an App that you can download and hum into your phone and it will give you names .

User Info Menu

Not sure seem to recall there's some kind of app you can hum a melody into for identification.

SoundHound?

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    Not sure seem to recall there's some kind of app you can hum a melody into for identification.

User Info Menu

Shazam iirc

User Info Menu

Well if you hum a few bars, we’ll fake it...

(That’s what she said...)

User Info Menu

Sound hound worked when I hummed an unknown tune and it identified it as "Mean to Me".