User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Just read that - sad news. The absolute best of the British blues players. RIP Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMO
    Just read that - sad news. The absolute best of the British blues players. RIP Peter.
    It's not a competition but in my opinion among the best blues players period.
    "He has the sweetest tone I ever heard; he was the only one who gave me the cold sweats." B.B. King

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Sad. One of my guitar heroes. Unfortunately, he was troubled. I have listened to early Fleetwood Mac a lot lately. The last two days, I was learning "Oh Well." And I just got his CD, "Man of the World" yesterday.

User Info Menu

My brother used to play drums with Peter Green, he lived down the road from us. But I never met him, unfortunately, I was elsewhere at the time.

User Info Menu

Back in the early 70s he put out a comic book explaining how to play the blues. I think it had some kind of Christian angle, but the advice was very good. The gist of it was to play first position chords and add notes. Much better starting point than the usual power chord pentatonics approach.