The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I used "found" video footage from youtube to provide the context for a dark and brooding musical accompaniment I spontaneously played earlier today. I think of "free-jazz" as the ultimate protest music. I can't begin to imagine my life without Black American Music.

To be as clear as possible, Black American Music includes virtually every aspect of jazz from its most critical roots to the seminal branches throughout its most significant innovations and evolution. Other ethnic and pan cultural influences have been assimilated into jazz, and people of every tongue, color and creed around the world now play and contribute to this music, but it is still and always will be fundamentally Black, just as it is American.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Well done Mark!

Albert

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=AKA;1037918]Well done Mark!

Albert[/QUOTE
    thanks for saying Albert. It’s appreciated.

User Info Menu

Thank you , Mark, for this heartfelt and moving artistic expression.

User Info Menu

Thank you, Mark. It's important to keep making music...

User Info Menu

Thanks for show of support for this post/video. I sometimes fear the appearances of cultural appropriation when it comes to these sensitive subjects, and use of terrible images to make part of a personal expression. But in the end, I’m a middle aged white guy playing jazz guitar for 50+ years, so if I’m appropriating Black music/culture then I’ve been doing it all my adult life. With apologies perhaps, but no regrets. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Mark Kleinhaut; 06-05-2020 at 12:34 PM.

User Info Menu

Hi, I've been lucky enough to learn from the great people of this forum for some time. Finally registered to put my name to that which OP has said so well. BLM

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RodM
    Hi, I've been lucky enough to learn from the great people of this forum for some time. Finally registered to put my name to that which OP has said so well. BLM