The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

“In the second part of the experiment, the rats were given cocaine and played Miles Davis over a period of a few days. After that, the rodents preferred the jazz even after the drug was out of their system.”

They also started wearing wraparound sunglasses, driving fast cars, and saying “motherf*cker” every other word.

User Info Menu

Albany Medical College sounds great fun, how does one enrol?

joelf Guest
    I have a song title I didn't use yet: Sure as There's Rats on the Subway Tracks.

Gonna be a love song.

And don't nobody steal it!!

(As you were (; )

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joelf
    I have a song title I didn't use yet: Sure as There's Rats on the Subway Tracks.

Gonna be a love song.

And don't nobody steal it!!

(As you were (; )
    Yeah, right-you stole that from my tune, "They Ain't Rats, They is Just Little Doggies".

joelf Guest
    So many fans!

I can die now...

User Info Menu

I just can’t shake off this mental image of how this ‘research project’ came into being...

Student: Hey Prof, I mean it’s like, really cool that you let us sit around all day listening to your Miles Davis and Beethoven CDs, and you generously share your coke stash with us, but do you think someone might get suspicious? Shouldn’t we try and do something to justify our existence?

Prof: Yeah, good point...Wait, you’ve just given me this crazy idea! Let’s go down the lab and see if they’ve got any spare rats...

joelf Guest
    Just couldn't help myself---and all in fun.

Let's see which of you wags can get the song I'm parodying (it's metrically and in other ways near-identical):

Sure as There’s Rats on the Subway Joel Fass © 2020 Exemplar (ASCAP)

V1 Sure as the sun sets in the West
    Sure as Steve Jobs had his evil ways
    Just as sure there are rats on the subway tracks
    I’ll be sure to love you all my days

V2 Sure as Lady Gaga likes to dress up in raw meat
    And King Arthur, he craved that Grail
    As long as there are rats on the subway tracks
    Count on me, babe—I’ll never turn tail

Bridge Rats don’t abate, they proliferate
    Resisting all rodenticide
    So why can’t we be fruitful and multiply
    Over a lifetime subway ride?

V3 Sure as there’ll always be some new virus
    Sure as Flint has lead, and L.A. smog and haze
    Sure as rats will thrive, though for their end we’re desirous
    We'll surely be together all our days
    Walking free---and never in a maze
    Last edited by joelf; 05-21-2020 at 05:07 PM.

User Info Menu

This goes to show that there's more than enough money in educational budgets and we should stop voting them more in the voter's booth. Shit, yeah, I don't listen to... "It's for the CHILDREN, how can you be so cruel to vote against it"

User Info Menu

That's because Rat pedals have been pretty much the standard among jazz guitarists.

User Info Menu

I was at the Herbie Hancock jazz guitar competition at the Kennedy Center (as audience member, it goes without saying). Just before the finals event started, I watched a rat come sauntering up the aisle next to me, and then turn into the rows of seats on the other side of the aisle. I guess no one on that side of the aisle noticed the rat, because there was no commotion.

But if the rat stayed to listen, he or she heard some good music that night.

User Info Menu

"Despite all my age I'm still just a rat in a cage."

User Info Menu

Maybe those hot rats like gumbo?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI
    This goes to show that there's more than enough money in educational budgets and we should stop voting them more in the voter's booth. Shit, yeah, I don't listen to... "It's for the CHILDREN, how can you be so cruel to vote against it"
    That take shows that there isn't nearly enough money in educational budgets.