The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

Hi All!
    not sure if I posted this in the right place but I’m searching for a cd of the Ellis Palmier Windflower album.
    I’ve searched the whole web including eBay and Amazon and other used record shops and can’t find a single copy.
    someone on YouTube posted the whole album but the quality is lacking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Ellis/Palmier Windflower-bfce7507-26c5-4e51-8ba6-77d4e90b5e3d-jpeg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have the lp but don't think it was ever issued on cd, a lot of the Concord library is still only on vinyl.

User Info Menu

big remo p fan...listened to that lp ^ on youtube a few times...it was re-released on cd in 1992...Concord Jazz – CCD-4056....

luck with your search

btw, remo also had his own lp on concord around the same time...late '70's

cheers

User Info Menu

Yeah I’ve listened to it several times on YouTube.. it really flows!

Great info.. thanks so much..At least I know a cd exists somewhere!
    I’ll report back if I find anything.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

a couple copies on vinyl have sold for under $20 on ebay, but a couple have also sold for $160 and $225!
    I used to see it for $3.99 all the time in used record stores.

User Info Menu

Yeah I hate to go the vinyl route.. I’ve got stacks of those I’ll probably never use. I always plan on setting up a turntable but I don’t see that actually happening until I retire in 20 years.

I’ve received a pm from a member with some assistance!

User Info Menu

you can send those stacks to me, I'll use 'em!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    you can send those stacks to me, I'll use 'em!
    They’re mostly hand me downs so there’s a lot of Beatles, Tangerine Dream and bluegrass!

Still hoping someday I’ll have the time to set up a good hi-fi system.

User Info Menu

I think I still have my copy of Phaedra, but those 'days' are way behind me.

User Info Menu

I think I still have my copy of Phaedra, but those 'days' are way behind me.
    hah..don't forget rubycon!

i can still get into early t dream/froese (rip)

funny

cheers

User Info Menu

Great album, I hope you can find a copy! I have it on LP, which I received from Remo along with his Concord solo album when I studied with him in NYC in the 1980s.

User Info Menu

I have the lp but don't think it was ever issued on cd, a lot of the Concord library is still only on vinyl.
    Many years ago I was at a house party (every other month my friend would host a guitar player) and Howard Alden was the guy this time. This was in Southern California and the only drummer he could find at short notice was Jake Hanna. Of course Alden made many albums for Concord and Jake was a drummer on many sessions with various players; First, they were great. My wife and I had seen Alden many times but this was a first for Hanna. Even my wife noticed that this drummer had a light touch and feel and was somehow 'different'. Yea, Jake was something special!! (especially in this living-room setting).

Anyhow, during a break I stoped and talk to them. Alden knew me, and introduced me to Jake. I had my moment and just had to ask; Hey why doesn't Carl Jefferson release those Cal Collins albums on CD? They didn't want to say much but it appears there was some type of riff going on. I made a joke that one of them should call Carl, RIGHT NOW, to get him to release ALL of the many fine recordings like this one with Ellis \ Palmier. NOT!

Jake went on to discuss royalties and how that can often be a barrier OR that American or European companies will re-release material but not pay the musicians. He said the Japanese companies were the best and that he would go to his mail box and find checks for albums he was on that he had long forgotten that he didn't even know were being re-released on CD.

Oh, good times!

User Info Menu

I'm uncertain as to how the contributors to this article feel about down loading from the internet, but
    many tracks from, "Windflower," are available on YouTube and can be down loaded with an Mp3
    down-loader free of charge with a little research.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gtrplrfla
    I'm uncertain as to how the contributors to this article feel about down loading from the internet, but
    many tracks from, "Windflower," are available on YouTube and can be down loaded with an Mp3
    down-loader free of charge with a little research.
    The down-loader in question is mp3juices.cc I hope this helps !

User Info Menu

Great stuff folks!
    a member here has tossed me a lifeline!