The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 27 of 27

User Info Menu

I'm sure an experienced Reaper user could make your punch work. It's really easy to position your punch, trim it, stretch it, change it's tempo, break it into pieces, etc. It's crazy what can be easily done. If I'm imagining this correctly, he just needs to trim the silence, and just slide it in place.

One of the great things about Reaper is this guys tutorials. Just to illustrate this, here is his punching in video. You may want to go to 04:15 of the video where he gets into "hands free" punching. Maybe Audacity does something similar. You should be able to do this seemlessly.

You might want to turn your friend on to the Reaper Mania videos on youtube, they are also on the Reaper.fm site.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

In case this of any interest ...

The project morphed again.

The guy who wanted everyone to use a "sequencer" prevailed, and probably, for good reason.

So, I switched from Audacity to Reaper.

Latency was an issue with Audacity but not Reaper. I wouldn't swear I had the settings right on Audacity.

I watched a very well done tuturial video. This one.

Recording is a couple of clicks. Overdubbing about the same, and I could hear a problem with latency, which was reported by the program as 9ms each way.

Moving tracks around to synchronize them (it's a motley recording crew contributing tracks on this project) was a little laborious, but straightfoward.

In Ableton you mark the section you want to replace, start somewhere in front of it, play along with the track and, Ableton punches you in and out.

In Reaper (if I understand it) and Audacity, you just record a new track and then silence the part of the old track you don't want. Then, in mixdown you hear only the replacement.

And, for this purpose, that was all I needed to do.

Next time, I'll be able to record my parts in Reaper and they'll line up with no sliding of tracks backward or forward in time.

Reaper seems very well done, was stable all day, not too difficult to learn and, apparently, very deep.

Next virus: video editing.