User Info Menu

To make stayin' at home during the Pandemic a bit more enjoyable the Montreux Jazz Festival made over 50 Festival concerts available to stream for free.
    I just stumbled over this, and am really enjoying it! Thought you might like it aswell.

Free access to 50 concerts to stream - MJF

Paul

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

There is not one jazz artist in the list of names featured in their concerts, like many jazz festivals nowadays. I know they have had jazz artists but it's a sign of the times that they don't mention one in the ad.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyrregent
    There is not one jazz artist in the list of names featured in their concerts, like many jazz festivals nowadays. I know they have had jazz artists but it's a sign of the times that they don't mention one in the ad.
    They have uploaded concerts by Ray Charles, Nina Simone, Quincy Jones...
    Jazzy enough for me at least

User Info Menu

Interesting. I'm a big fan of Nina Simone, but when I try to play the video I get this:

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 232011)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zephyrregent
    When you register and log in choose 'jazz' from one of the pull-down menu. There you find plenty of jazz.

User Info Menu

Return to Forever concert is absolutely fabulous !

User Info Menu

There used to be a tradition to give the top award to the best jazz soloist at the MJF.
    Who would they give it to now? Al Di Meola, who says over and over again in every interview I've ever read that jazz is uncreative music , and he hates it?

User Info Menu

I for one fail to see what the Wu-Tang clan is doing there. I love their music, but they seem somewhat out of place on a jazz festival.
    But thanks a lot for the link!

I will be enjoying that very much.