Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Posts 501 to 550 of 900

User Info Menu

Harris County, one of the most populous counties in the US, has finally set up two drive-through testing stations. They can handle a maximum of 250 tests per day, each, because that's all the federal government will provide. That isn't even minor start. In order to get accurate numbers of infections, it would requre many thousands of tests per day. The number of deaths in the US may be accurate, but the number of infections is wildly under-reported, because there just are not enough tests being done to get the real numbers. I don't expect that to change, both because it's hard to ramp up testing, and because higher numbers would look bad politically.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

christian, where is taiwan in this report ? they only have two deaths .

"The Journal of the American Medical Association states that Taiwan engaged in 124 discrete action items to prevent the spread of the disease, including early screening of flights from Mainland China and the tracking of individual cases.[6][3]Taiwan's handling of the outbreak has received international praise for its effectiveness in quarantining the people and by using the "electronic fence" to slow down the virus, despite being unable to gather WHO information due to being barred by China, and is seen as the model for other countries to learn from.[7][8] "

this makes me think that any report that doesnt include taiwan and the success it has had, might be under the influence of the ccp propaganda machine.

i feel like watching many main stream news reports praising china and how pristine they are now, after lying to the world for two months , not permitting foreign reporters in , is like watching an nba basketball player take a stance against hong kong crack down.

something isnt coming up right. the ccp has manipulated and lied the whole time, they are spreading a false claim the usa military actualy caused it in wuhan. why are we suposed to beleive them that all of a sudden they have everything under control?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bonsritmos
    christian, where is taiwan in this report ? they only have two deaths.
    yeah I wondered that

....meanwhile in Taipei

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175
    Charles has it too. God save the Queen. Literally.
    It’s pretty crazy

Here’s a question: if Trump got it do you think he’d say?

User Info Menu

Interesting

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    It’s pretty crazy

Here’s a question: if Trump got it do you think he’d say?

We will never learn about him getting the disease, unless he dies or recovers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnzo
    We will never learn about him getting the disease, unless he dies or recovers.
    I hope you're not suggesting he could become a zombie ?

User Info Menu

What, like Joe Biden? ;-)

User Info Menu

O
    Quote Originally Posted by bonsritmos;101966

"[FONT=sans-serif
    The [/FONT]Journal of the American Medical Association states that Taiwan engaged in 124 discrete action items to prevent the spread of the disease, including early screening of flights from Mainland China and the tracking of individual cases.[6][3]Taiwan's handling of the outbreak has received international praise for its effectiveness in quarantining the people and by using the "electronic fence" to slow down the virus, despite being unable to gather WHO information due to being barred by China, and is seen as the model for other countries to learn from.[7][8] "

this makes me think that any report that doesnt include taiwan and the success it has had, might be under the influence of the ccp propaganda machine.

i feel like watching many main stream news reports praising china and how pristine they are now, after lying to the world for two months , not permitting foreign reporters in , is like watching an nba basketball player take a stance against hong kong crack down.

something isnt coming up right. the ccp has manipulated and lied the whole time, they are spreading a false claim the usa military actualy caused it in wuhan. why are we suposed to beleive them that all of a sudden they have everything under control?
    I feel you are correct in this assumption. Historically it’s just more of the same from the mainland. They have followed the same default position that they did with SARS, lack of transparency and trying to cover shit up. OF course data is not accurate as people are not bothering to go to overrun hospitals, or to weak to go and are dying at home and therefore not being reported.
    We were actually doing pretty well in HK as the memory of SARS runs deep. Everyone is wearing masks 100% of the time when outside, not like other countries that tell their citizens to only wear a mask if your sick. Point is you could be infected and be passing it around and not know it as symptoms take 14 days to manifest. Unfortunately a second wave has come along as mainlanders with British passports flee the UK and come back to China passing through HK as there are no direct flights.
    It’s been a great effort in keeping cases down despite the border with China being kept open for so long as well. Unfortunately HK has to take direction on this from the mainland. Interestingly I just received a phone message from the government ( I guess I’ve been data mined, as I’ve never officially given my details knowingly to the government) that there will be a ban on public group gatherings of more than 4 people starting tomorrow. Maybe it’s an advantage that I’m living in a place where there is less concern about violating people’s civil liberties and right to travel, which makes common sense practices easier to enforce.
    cheers!

User Info Menu

It's easy to send a message to every possible phone number, even without knowing who owns the number, as shown by the number of spam calls I receive. A computer just messages every available phone number, and it doesn't take long. Here, emergency messages are sent to every phone, and in fact targeted to specific areas. You may not have given your details to the government, but the government can see where every phone is at any time, whether you did or didn't.

User Info Menu

jazzism , thank you for your testimony at ground zero , and super good luck to you all over there facing what you are .

Fighting erupts at Chinese bridge between Hubei, Jiangxi provinces - UPI.com

while im getting some fluffy report on the national news how great china is doing , this is out on the upi

i cant be blind to this strange kind of propaganda publiciy going around in the various world news outlits trying to paint china as pristine and a great example to follow. to be sure we are flollowing the ccp method of containment, the serious lockdown .

and people have told us this is what is working , proved the best, yet, not even mentioning taiwan , who is really doing pristine by heavy airport testing and aggresivly going after those sick and those around them and quarentining them .and they have 2 deaths

as a matter of fact, its like taiwan is kind of erased from the diologue , like it doesnt exist , exactly like the referance above. who in this world would most like taiwan to not exist , not be mentioned , gaslighted ?

im not even trying to make this a political thing, i never trusted the ccp, they lied before on this one , censererd the news about it, censered the reporters and whistle blowers , and are lying now, spreading that the usa caused it in wuhan...taiwan has an incredable record, yet, barely refferred to now.

so i hugley expect the ccp to putting out its propaganda, why is the world news and medical world , who was banned from entering for two months, and political leaders , just seem to go with the propaganda ? like an nba player on hong kong

that is what gets me...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dot75
    I hope you're not suggesting he could become a zombie ?
    My point is he will never allow his condition to be known. We've already seen it with his doctors in the 3 years so far. If he gets sick and goes away, it will be spun as he's "working really hard and doesn't have time to appear". If he dies, there would be no choice at that point but to admit it.

If he recovers, then he will spin it as "see? no big deal!" and use it as a reason to open everything up.

Everything is about him, and he would see having the virus as being weak.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bonsritmos
    as a matter of fact, its like taiwan is kind of erased from the diologue , like it doesnt exist , exactly like the referance above. who in this world would most like taiwan to not exist , not be mentioned , gaslighted
    You are correct, to the PRC Taiwan does not exist or officially acknowledged. They view it as another province of China.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnzo
    My point is he will never allow his condition to be known. We've already seen it with his doctors in the 3 years so far. If he gets sick and goes away, it will be spun as he's "working really hard and doesn't have time to appear". If he dies, there would be no choice at that point but to admit it.

If he recovers, then he will spin it as "see? no big deal!" and use it as a reason to open everything up.

Everything is about him, and he would see having the virus as being weak.
    unless he had mild symptoms, in which case he’d say ‘I had it and it’s just flu’*

*feel free to translate into Trumpese

User Info Menu

unless he had mild symptoms, in which case he’d say ‘I had it and it’s just flu’*

*feel free to translate into Trumpese
    still he would've infected half of the cabinet. just like you can expect more british ministers to be tested positive in the coming days because of the moron PM.

User Info Menu

If 4-letter words offend you, don't watch this. You were warned.

User Info Menu

stay fukin home.......we can kick this virus............im in london uk like a ghost town outside.....goood

User Info Menu

Sung to ain't she sweet...

W H O
    is with the ccp
    they don't like Taiwan that much
    so we follow the ccp

in china they died
    taiwan just two
    but we follow the ccp because
    W H O

use your brain
    If no one is around
    if it's sun outside to take a walk
    use your brain

remember eugenics
    remember reefer madness
    when the docs and gov don't know the truth
    they are just like us

User Info Menu

To introduce a bit of flippancy, the real impact is that I've had to update my repertoire:

Satin Doors
    Lockdown Strutters Ball
    Flight Of The Flu Birds
    Queen PPE
    There Is No Ventilator, Love
    I Thought About ICU
    Have You Tested Miss Jones
    I've Gotta Cough On You
    Don't Get Outside Much Any More
    NHS Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square
    Epidemiology
    I'm Afraid This Mask I Made Is Over
    At Long Last, Gloves.
    Fever
    Baby Won't You Please Stay Home
    Immune Glow
    In-Oc-U-Late The Positive
    Corona Pocket
    Corvidado (Quiet Nights)
    Give Me The Symptom-Free Life
    The Worst Is Yet To Come
    Alone Together
    Exactly Like Wuhan
    Don't Go To Strangers
    ILL, Be Seeing You.
    In A Furlough Tone
    St Thomas Hospital
    Pennsylvania 65000 Cases
    My One And Only Lung
    The Pink Pandemic Theme
    Quando, Quando, Quarantine
    Self-isolated Lady
    Don't Take The A Train
    There's A Closed Hotel.
    Months Of Wine And Roses
    Virus For Your Furs
    Antibody and Soul
    Wash, Whatever Happens

Jonathan
    Last edited by bleakanddivine; 03-30-2020 at 07:29 AM.

User Info Menu

Want to go to the beach?

You want to see how well people behave when they're not ordered to stay off?

This is a photo of a beach in Florida shared between 2 counties. One county (Duval) forbade people on the beach; the other (St. John) simply closed the parking lot and recommended people stay off the beach.

Guess which one is which? And if you think the average person in Brazil has more sense than the average person in Florida, just remember: they're both average.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUOKePvX...jpg&name=small
    Last edited by Ukena; 03-30-2020 at 01:36 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by voxsss
    stay fukin home.......we can kick this virus............im in london uk like a ghost town outside.....goood

User Info Menu

Things are about to get worse: the Jehovah Witnesses have figured out we're all home now.

User Info Menu

Florida's governor announced today a stay-at-home order through mid-May for South Florida (which includes yours truly.)

Not shocked by this but after a few weeks of this already thinking of six more just like it AT LEAST is a lot to absorb.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    Things are about to get worse: the Jehovah Witnesses have figured out we're all home now.
    Just answer the door coughing loudly, should do the trick.

User Info Menu

ok , ukena, you want to talk about beach , lets talk

what is so dificult to understand that there could be public health rules that people will practice social distance , like everywhere else.

what is hard to understand that the life guards could be called to duty , in the safest place you could find , to make sure that people respect the social distance and forbid groups. the police have to patrol now to kick people off, why not just enforce social distance rules.

people breaking rules are going to do it off the beach also , this whole thing about making the beach an issue, when it is total open air, plenty of space to get distance , the virus doesnt do well in the sun.its really about people flaunting the rules doing the dangerous behaviour than walking on the beach with social distance totaly safe. its more like because people saw fake news pictures of brazilians crowded on the beach with fake headlines like they are flaunting the rules , they have to make it an issue . it was false. people are doing incredably well in brazil dealing with the lockdown. how can you not have incidents. they rioted in china recently about this.

i dont like seeing crowds on the beach like that. the life guards and police are suposed to disperse them. there is no reason on this earth why some kind of rules could keep people at social distance on the beach . people need this worse than any tv , social media, doctor, political leaders are saying. this is some heavy handed not well thought out imitating a marxist authoritarian country that lies.

ive seen doctor after doctor say its ok and very healthy to take a social distance walk , in new york. i saw a doctor , in new york, at the heart of the corona hospital saying its all really about washing your hands and not touching your face . and people can go about their lives . he is in the epicenter, a doctor saying this.

ukena, you and others are starting to throw around curse words getting all out of joint , but, you arnt stepping back and looking at what is really going on. and you arnt listening to what im saying. you just asume its all about i want to see crowds and women. when this is over , they will be back, its not about that. its about some heavy handed mandates that have been decided on in a political way instead of the best way.

all the arguers against the beach thing in brazil are citing the W H O world health organisation. the more i read about the truth, this whole desician is definitly was made on a political agenda of following the ccp way and almost making the better taiwan solution disapear.

ukena, you do know lockdown isnt so we wont get the virus, its to slow it down so the health workers can brace for it,which i support. so my job is to not get sick. when they feel its ok for the health service, they will lift the lockdown and we are on our own to not get sick.

since when do you start taking the government mandates as 100 percent truth? my goal is to not get sick, not pass it on. when i run into government mandates that are imitating ccp , and by god , that is what it feels like, some marxist lockdown ( we didnt copy the ccp on how to deal with their muslim problem ,did we? why are we copying them when they lied then, they lie now , it doesnt make sence) , i have to step back and analyse which part really is going to help not get sick,and what part is for show , and act acordingly, that is how it is all my life.

when they lift this, they need to go after sick people agresivly and those around them and quarenteen them .have temperture takers at every step , crews of public health helpers everywhere. now we quarenteened everyone ,and we are losing our lives , and it wont end it at all...only the shot will end this

User Info Menu

So go to the beach, no one here cares. The purpose of lockdowns is not to keep you from catching the virus, it's to keep you from wandering around without symptoms for up to 2 weeks, spreading it wherever you go, and infecting dozens or hundreds of people. I suspect the police have more important issues to deal with than having many of them patrolling the beach day and night, and trying to enforce social distancing. The obvious solution is to just close the beaches and deal with the more important problems. I understand that being shut up at home is boring and no fun. But having hospitals overrun with patients needing intubation is even less fun. The measures are for the greater good, and are effective, whether you believe it or not.

User Info Menu

no , it isnt the obvioius solution

what do you think life guards are for? the beach is the safest place, a thousand times safer than the supermarket.
    the police have to patrol anyway.

yes, i dont care what you think, and i stated exactly that purpose of lockdowns , which i support to not overun the hospitals and im saying i analyse very closely if my actions could get me the virus and make my desician on that. which means its totaly safe to walk to the beach and breathe fresh air when almost nobody is there. i even walked past a police man and he didnt say anything because they are looking for people who are using bad behavior

to not have any nuance in this is ridiculous ,and there are some atitudes on here with no nuance

im dong my part, i had touring i was going to do, im gladly not doing it, im staying in 95 percent of the time,

the funny thing is i could do every thing people think these mandates mean and still get sick , because these mandates dont take the factor of going to the supermarket pietre dish out of the equation...or i could track it in on my shoes

you have to be like some dr no decantamination chamber to really be safe

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    Florida's governor announced today a stay-at-home order through mid-May for South Florida (which includes yours truly.)

Not shocked by this but after a few weeks of this already thinking of six more just like it AT LEAST is a lot to absorb.
    Yes, it's starting to get to people already. More people are getting edgy, cranky, irritable. Not that I'm any of those things. Just ask my wife.........uhhh no, don't.

Cheers,
    Joe

User Info Menu

Here's a good one about those not taking things seriously:

Red Bull advisor considered a camp to infect drivers with coronavirus

User Info Menu

Were you in Florida over spring break ?

Here's where you are now...

Twitter
    Last edited by dot75; 03-31-2020 at 08:30 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by voxsss
    im in london uk like a ghost town
    Lol .. Posted The Special and then realized that Christian already beat me to it
    Last edited by Lobomov; 03-30-2020 at 06:52 PM.

User Info Menu

Personally, Bonsritmos, I appreciate that you're doing the right thing, even though you believe the reasons for it are boneheaded and politically indefensible.

User Info Menu

ukena ( now now , bonehead is all in perspective ) and sgosnell , and the other people saying things , i apreciete every ones opinion , and i know all here are speaking out of concern for this horrible situation. im here to hear what people are saying about this , as much as to say what i have been saying about the W H O . china , taiwan thing, which is freaking me out ( i always knew the ccp thinks taiwan belongs to them, but the W H O hookup is new to me) , because i have been only following leads from what i see , and the research starts to reveal a little too much uncomfortable realities , and id be missing an oportunity not to broach it on a place like here , exactly because it has too much truth to ignore

but , i understand this is very serious , my area is a long way from the seriousness of new york but it is starting and when it gets colder , there will be a spike . that is when i especialy will hunker down . i dont want this thing , but, i am also somewhat fatalistic and am not naive enough to think that it will be easy to wait 18 months for a shot

social distance, absolutly

everyone stay safe

User Info Menu

Silver lining maybe there’ll be more fascinating Ketu vids

User Info Menu

Recently I saw a funny vid...

One of my friends - a nice guy has a funky rock-group - nice group but with very low activity... they issued CD some years ago but now they have not had gigs for year and made only one professional video clip about 9 months ago using old song... they never were in the charts or something.
    Practically they do not exist...

A couple of days ago he uploaded on youtube himself playing that same old song on acoustic at home... )))
    In the current trend.. just that the sededemic ituation did not change almost anything for him really.

User Info Menu

the Specials ..that Ford Consul driven erratically..wasnt Eddie Cochran killed in one..driving back from Bristol to London Airport..Gene Vincent escaped the crash...tribute to Eddie here...

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

... i just read Wallace Roney died to the virus, 59 years old... awful news..

User Info Menu

ellis marsalis has passed away due to corona. rip.

User Info Menu

Unfortunately, one of the effects of the corona virus will be the loss of many great musicians. Losing the keepers of the flame may have multiple effects, some not currently predictable. But the deaths of many is certainly predictable, and that saddens me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    Total cases has just exceeded 500,000: Coronavirus Update (Live): 503,083 Cases and 22,339 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

I read that it took 167 days from the first case to 100,000; 11 more days to 200,000; 4 days to 300,000; 2 or 3 days to 400,000.
    I posted that one week ago, Thursday, March 26. The official count has just doubled in one week to 1,000,000 cases.

User Info Menu

It is heartbreaking. Really, truly heartbreaking. I especially feel for New York and New Orleans. I feel for people everywhere who are suffering.

My wife is a doctor. She is in the fight. Apparently, the best way I can help is to stay home with my kids and out if the way - just keep in touch with people I know who need some comfort and conversation.

(I deleted my rant)

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    Unfortunately, one of the effects of the corona virus will be the loss of many great musicians. Losing the keepers of the flame may have multiple effects, some not currently predictable. But the deaths of many is certainly predictable, and that saddens me.
    Yeah, it didn't hit me till now that having New York as an epicenter could affect the jazz world disproportionately... sigh.

User Info Menu

You should be aware that our borders are very secure. No virus can possibly get across. You're on your side, we're on ours, and never the twain shall mix. But I'm pretty sure we'll soon be begging you to provide huge supplies of the mask material that only Canada can currently provide. We can allow that to come across.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by starjasmine
    Yeah, it didn't hit me till now that having New York as an epicenter could affect the jazz world disproportionately... sigh.
    Not just New York, but also New Orleans.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdazey
    So now Boris Johnson has Covid-19.
    and now he is on ventilation after "jokingly" calling the quest for ventilators "operation last gasp" just weeks ago.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I like it when Sco plays acoustic

User Info Menu

I like it when Sco plays acoustic
    Yeh... he really pulls and drags the sound out of it.. right? As far as I remember he owns vintage Martin

and I would like him to play solo even without equipment from home...

A few days ago I watched Friesell's playing online for 45 min. quality was poor but it was great playing

As for Sco I find all his latest records so great... someitime people say that records too much and not always on the level.. but I disagree.. I love that all his recordings are about playing first all.
    Yesterday I lisned to The Moment's Peace again and The Country for Old Men... the first one seems to stay mostly unnoticed but I find it is very great intimate playing.. you follow and enjoy every note of solos

His last records also opend the door for me to his early ones

I admire Metheny, I love Frisell, but Sco is like a brother I never had)))
    Last edited by Jonah; 04-06-2020 at 07:54 AM.