Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 21 of 21
    Not about guitar lessons. I like those channels to show good guitars, are fun to pass the time. Not really those "youtubers".

I always check:

Premier guitar
    Peghear Nation (acoustic guitars)
    Norm rare guitars (kind of boring lately)
    Emerald city guitars, they show nice guitars but badly too short and the style of playing is not of my kind.
    Dream guitars (great looking guitars)

etc, etc.

Which others are good channels ?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Rick Beato has some gear related videos that I like.

User Info Menu

Mark Knopfler has a great channel. He continues to write and record to this day. All the videos on his channel are really high quality, concert footage, interviews, documentaries, discussions about writing recording producing tunes, etc.

Last edited by fep; 12-13-2019 at 05:38 PM.

User Info Menu

Here's an easy one, Fretboard Journal.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM
    Rick Beato has some gear related videos that I like.
    Beato’s also has some episodes on the “philosophy” of music (what makes this song great) and the business side of music. Rhett Shull, who partners frequently with Beato, also has some segments on being a successful gigging guitarist.

Adam Nealy, is often good, but on occasion repetitive.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Yeap, Fretboard Journal is good.

Im mostly interested in watch guitars. Dont know, its hard to find good stuff about archtop guitars, all people is with those solid body guitars... and rock... and ditorsion... and effects... hard to find people into clean tones.

As always say, its hard to find something in internet to fully fill all mind expectations, but... its not bad to try it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

User Info Menu

I've watched those rig rundown vids from Premier Guitar.
    And search for "jazz guitar workshop" or something like that occasionally to check if something new(or very old and rare) has popped up.

User Info Menu

Greg Koch reviewing for Wildwood Guitars is fun for some, and quite a player. Has been known to play an overdriven L5, so not for purists.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Tim Lerch's channel is a favourite:

Timothy Lerch
    - YouTube

User Info Menu

I second Fretboard Journal and Tim Lerch...

I like channels that do not try to tell everything about anything from ''how to play like Wes in twenty minutes'' to 'negative harmony' and 'pros and cons of showbiz' an dalso they often seem to try to make me like them too persistently. Try to entertain me with comparison something with somethign and making weird faces and animations an dall that...
    Too much sales today in everything...

User Info Menu

I also check out Rick Beato, sometimes, though he tends to go on a bit long for me. Chris Whiteman, who sometimes posts here, has great chord-melody arrangements and lessons that are very well presented. Jake Reichbert, too. Purely for the entertainment value, I like Jimmy Bruno's channel (though I haven't watched him in a while). My guiltiest pleasure, though, is not a particular channel, but the genre of "reaction" videos. There are a whole bunch by younger black hip-hop-oriented guys listening to stuff like Led Zeppelin songs and being totally blown away.

John

User Info Menu

Andertons from the UK are doing some great stuff. A lot of gear reviews. Most of them quite funny (especially if with Rob Chapman), but mostly nothing for the jazz guys.
    But they are doing great interviews as well:

Last edited by Stanford J17; 12-18-2019 at 12:33 PM. Reason: auto-correct

User Info Menu

These guys did some great stuff, too. Unfortunately they stopped 4 years ago. But they have interviews with Howard Alden, Earl Klugh, etc.

I stumbled upon Rory Hoffman through this channel:

User Info Menu

Tim Pierce's channel!

He's a studio musician does a lot of different content, and has a fun vibe. Here he is doing some studio work at his home in his studio "cockpit" and then does a lesson of part of what he recorded.

A lot of his videos are with another guitar player, here with Carl Verheyan (another LA studio guy)

Last edited by fep; 12-18-2019 at 02:30 PM.

User Info Menu

Piano, but I really like how this guy analyzes things.

David Bennett Piano
    - YouTube

Thanks all for the replies !

User Info Menu

This guy:

And this guy:

User Info Menu

Being new to the electric guitar world, I've learned a few things from Dylan Talks Tone.

User Info Menu

For recording:

Making Records w/Eric Valentine - YouTube

pureMix - pureMix
    - YouTube

Produce Like a Pro - Produce Like A Pro
    - YouTube

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lammie200
    Piano, but I really like how this guy analyzes things.

David Bennett Piano
    - YouTube
    For piano/jazz stuff, I watched several of these from Open Studio: Open Studio
    - YouTube