User Info Menu

Hi everyone, I am organising a jazz guitar retreat next August in the UK and our tutors are Kurt Rosenwinkel, Sid Jacobs, Howard Alden and Christian Miller. There is a competition for free tuition and all the details are on the website which has just gone live: www.ukjazzguitar.com

It would be great if some of you had a look round the website and enter the competition because this is shaping up to be a great event and we are hoping that this is something we can do annually because there aren't enough of these things for us jazz guitarists.

Get in touch if you have any questions as well.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Where is it being held? I can't find this information on your website.

It is being held in Canterbury, Kent, UK at the St Georges Centre, 41 St Georges Place, CT1 1UT

Thanks for that Derek, I just added a map to the website.

User Info Menu

I don't know who the other guys are, but that Christian Miller is worth the price of a free lesson alone!

Kidding. It sounds like a great lineup.

User Info Menu

Christian is running with the big dogs now!

User Info Menu

I'd only go if:
    1) Christian starts each day with a four hour Q&A session on any subjects we want to ask him about.
    2) Christian does his stand-up routine at breakfast
    3) Christian does his stand-up routine at lunch
    4) Christian does his stand-up routine at dinner
    5) I get to bunk with Christian every night (he gets the top bunk bed) so I can hear if he has any good jokes that he tells in his sleep.

That has all been written into Christians contract so no need to worry about that! I'm not sure if we can get a bunk bed though.