Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 27 of 27

User Info Menu

Hi,

I'm compiling some Christmas guitar instrumentals - would love it if any of you guys had any suggestions for cool jazzy versions on electric.... I'm struggling to find many on electric guitar !!! !! Here's what I got so far Christmas Guitar Instrumentals on Spotify

Thanks!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

One a my faves.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Are you looking for listening enjoyment, or for arrangement ideas for Christmas gigs?
    If the latter, there are some "Christmas Real Books " out there; grab one and go for it!
    [We have the "Charlie brown Christmas" charts, which always play well this time of year!]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop View Post
    Generally I don't listen to Xmas carols outside of the season, but Joe's genius is so evident on this disc that it is a pleasure to listen to all year round. I bought this out of the bargain bin years ago for something like six bucks, and his playing is so musical and fresh that you really forget they're Christmas songs...! I think I found this in July or something and listened to it for months :-)

I like Kevin Eubanks' version of Silver Bells from the Windham Hill "A Winter's Solstice III" disc. There are a lot of cool arrangements by a variety of artists on this disc:

No affiliation with/to Chris, but: Solo Jazz Guitar Chord Melody Arrangements 1 — Chris Whiteman Music

Also, while a bit more on the "Bluesy" side:

R.I.P. Jeff.
    Midnight Blues

User Info Menu

Awesome, thank you! I see he's got several Xmas albums and added a bunch of his tracks to the playlist ))) Great sound.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blues View Post
    No affiliation with/to Chris, but: Solo Jazz Guitar Chord Melody Arrangements 1 — Chris Whiteman Music

Also, while a bit more on the "Bluesy" side:

R.I.P. Jeff.
    Thank you so much!!! Can't believe I wasn't properly aware of Jeff Golub.

User Info Menu

FANTASTIC!!! Will certainly add several songs from this... pure jazz guitar gold. Thank you!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by starjasmine View Post
    Generally I don't listen to Xmas carols outside of the season, but Joe's genius is so evident on this disc that it is a pleasure to listen to all year round. I bought this out of the bargain bin years ago for something like six bucks, and his playing is so musical and fresh that you really forget they're Christmas songs...! I think I found this in July or something and listened to it for months :-)

I like Kevin Eubanks' version of Silver Bells from the Windham Hill "A Winter's Solstice III" disc. There are a lot of cool arrangements by a variety of artists on this disc:

Yes!! So much gold from Joe Pass. Added the Kevin Eubanks track to the playlist as well, thanks for the tip!!

User Info Menu

Joel Paterson:

did not see this coming haha!! Nice )) Added a few to the playlist. Interesting player!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JazzPadd View Post

One a my faves.
    This is fantastic!!! Sadly I couldn't find it on spotify (to add it to the playlist)... Thanks for sharing!!

User Info Menu

another brilliant suggestion - THANK YOU!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon View Post
    fantastic, thanks for sharing!! Added to the playlist

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy View Post
    Are you looking for listening enjoyment, or for arrangement ideas for Christmas gigs?
    If the latter, there are some "Christmas Real Books " out there; grab one and go for it!
    [We have the "Charlie brown Christmas" charts, which always play well this time of year!]
    Thanks very much! I'm compiling a playlist on spotify of Christmas Guitar Instrumentals for others and myself to enjoy

User Info Menu

I would suggest Larry Carlton's "Christmas at my house"
    I play a lot of atonal jazz.. . . . . . . .but not on purpose.
    Sundogg.

User Info Menu

I quite like Kenny Burrell's Silent Night Blues :-)

Quote Originally Posted by meritonemusic View Post
    Thank you so much!!! Can't believe I wasn't properly aware of Jeff Golub.
    You're welcome. He was a very tasteful player and a great guy.

Midnight Blues

User Info Menu

Pasquale Grasso has today released an EP of Christmas music for solo guitar.

Link: https://pasqualegrasso.lnk.to/SoloHoliday

Jazz guitar versions of Christmas tracks - suggestions pls!!-77319418_951620441864185_7121071165635821568_n-jpg

London Jazz Guitar Society:
    www.meetup.com/londonjazzguitarsociety
    LJGS on Twitter: www.twitter.com/LDNJazzGuitar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sundogg52 View Post
    I would suggest Larry Carlton's "Christmas at my house"
    oh nice!!! Thanks, didn't realize he'd actually done a few christmas albums!!! Adding some of his to the playlist, thanks again!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1 View Post
    I quite like Kenny Burrell's Silent Night Blues :-)

Yep, added it to the playlist - THANKS!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David B View Post
    Pasquale Grasso has today released an EP of Christmas music for solo guitar.

Link: https://pasqualegrasso.lnk.to/SoloHoliday

Jazz guitar versions of Christmas tracks - suggestions pls!!-77319418_951620441864185_7121071165635821568_n-jpg

Beautiful stuff, such a warm tone!! Added a few to the playlist - THANK YOU!

User Info Menu

Didn't see this one mentioned yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Wilkins-.../dp/B00062136C