User Info Menu

..from any place/situation dedicated to dealing with music.

The free time, leisure or even chores etc.

How much and what exactly comes to mind.. if any?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nearly all the time. While doing chores or sports obviously, but during study it will weave in and out of my thoughts as well. I also dream of playing, and wake up "humming silently"; i.e. in thought rather than audibly. Basslines, drumpatterns, melodies most of the time when awake; entire original pieces when dreaming of playing, but even though I remember my dreams in detail the music is always elusive, and leaves a vague general impression of "hmm, that's nice" only. And yet I "hear" it. The best I can do then is capture the feel.

User Info Menu

An awful lot. I am continually playing pieces in my head. If I don't proactively "change the channel," I'm stuck all day with the last random thing I heard.

Earworms. I hate 'em.

BTW Aniz,
    Best regards, k

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74 View Post
    An awful lot. I am continually playing pieces in my head. If I don't proactively "change the channel," I'm stuck all day with the last random thing I heard.

Earworms. I hate 'em.

BTW Aniz,
    Thanks. I forgot earworms, yes; those can cling for days, really annoying! I fight them by forcing myself to think of songs I hate, though the danger is that I end up with that one on a loop...