As always hard to describe what kind of music want to listen using words.

Im looking for an agrupation, something with melody, I like solos too, but its not the main thing Im looking now.

Something like a big band, not really bebop, or at least the classic old school bebop (I listened every Gillespie music already).

Something nice to hear.

At least post 50s music

I put a video (second video), kind of an example, because im looking something more soft and this is a very punchy and cuban like song, but, this kind of big band, but any recomendation is well taken, but not looking something like this (*the first video):

Last edited by man-argentina; 09-21-2019 at 06:04 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

What about something earlyer like Artie Shaw. Gene Krupa.

User Info Menu

Perhaps browse Youtube for individual artists because they get joined-up with various outfits for differing projects.

To me good names are: Wayne Bergeron, Arturo Sandoval, Tine Ting Helseth, Paquito D'Rivera, Dan Higgins.

You might find Classical efforts with some of these too.

Great tone from a wind instrument is truly a joyful thing.

Good luck!

User Info Menu

Carla Bley’s ”Social Studies” is a good big band album in avant-garde style. Another alternative is Barney Kessel’s ”Bossa Nova”, even if it’s of course more guitar and pop oriented.
    Have I found it yet? I said that but I didn’t knew it. Did I knew that I had found it yet? No, it wasn’t what I was looking for. Nevermind. Ok.

-Pataphysical monologue based on Cartesian theory

User Info Menu

"Don't worry about that. Everybody talks about finding your voice. Do your homework and your voice will find you." - Branford Marsalis

Thanks for the replies, gonna be checking them.

User Info Menu

I think you'd like The Beau Hunks Saxophone Soctette.

Also, since this is a guitar forum, I recommend the album "The Complete Standard Transcriptions" by George Barnes. It's got some great wind arrangements, with tasty George Barnes guitar throughout.

Adrian