User Info Menu

I'm fascinated with the art/production of the game Cuphead. Great visual execution of the 1930s style cartoons! I've yet to play it, but the soundtrack is also pretty good, too, with a nod to early Ellington, Calloway, even older parlor piano styles. I'm pretty stoked that video game companies employ real jazz musicians once in awhile to create music for game play experiences. Do you find yourself enjoying a jazz-inspired game soundtrack?

Behind the scenes...

Frank Vignola and company has a take on Super Mario Bros.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Here s Super Mario played and performed live.

User Info Menu

I covered one of the tunes from Super Mario Odyssey in a gypsy-jazz style.

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I covered one of the tunes from Super Mario Odyssey in a gypsy-jazz style.

Adrian
    Yeah man! I’m very familiar with your Super Mario cover from a few years ago! I got your chord chart for it somewhere. You’re a great player of other tunes too!

Wow! That 8-Bit Big Band did a top-notch arrangement! And to play on an original console along with it?! Impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by edward74 View Post
    I'm fascinated with the art/production of the game Cuphead. Great visual execution of the 1930s style cartoons! I've yet to play it, but the soundtrack is also pretty good, too, with a nod to early Ellington, Calloway, even older parlor piano styles. I'm pretty stoked that video game companies employ real jazz musicians once in awhile to create music for game play experiences. Do you find yourself enjoying a jazz-inspired game soundtrack?

I played Cuphead, I enjoyed playing it for a while.

Funny, I actually used Super Mario when I did a demo of an inexpensive semi hollow guitar called Harley Benton HB 35
    Testing a Gibson ES335 vs Harley Benton HB 35 (very inexpensive semi hollow body guitar)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fGMIs1wNEA&t=185s

I am playing a solo over my buddys song, Cookies and Cream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJHqt_lpyKM