User Info Menu

Last week I revisited the ' Up North ' resort my family and I stayed at annually, starting in the late '50's. The original owner's daughter still rents a cabin or 2 and the property is still the same. And talk about a lake that still calls to me......
    I tried to think of a person or place as special that I'd not seen for that long , and there is no person or place.....
    As life will go on, our family of eight that once visited there is now three, but wow, what memories. Reunion of a Lifetime - NGC-7-21-22-002-1024x768-jpg
    And yes the transistors radios changed to laptops......

What a treat !

Thanks .

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

My early childhood had froliced
    Around a sunny lake,
    Demanded only a pebble, a leaf
    To be happy.

Years rolled by. Wearily I search
    For that sunny lake today,
    To learn again how to be happy
    About a leaf, a pebble.

Reunion of a Lifetime - NGC-dscf1436a1-jpg

User Info Menu

Unfortunately most times it's hard to visit what was once a place so near and dear to us. Glad it's still there for you...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jads57 View Post
    Unfortunately most times it's hard to visit what was once a place so near and dear to us. Glad it's still there for you...
    Back in the day, there were 12 resorts on that lake - - now there's 2, one of which - this one - - is basically an RV park. Most of the heirs just cashed out the properties. Unless they were as sharp as her Dad, they couldn't pay the taxes and make it pay.