Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

i had a dizzy speLL TODAY..collapsed for no idea how long..unconscious..something pulled me back...I returned to this Earth..live alone with 2 cats..tore me apart to return..Return i did..id sure miss this Forum . Love to you all.....i sat in armchair listening to Bach.Komm, Jesu, komm, BWV 229 motet..words ..Greatest experience in music ive ever had..1. Come, Jesus, come, my body is weary.
    My strength fails more and more,
    I long for your peace;
    the bitter path becomes too hard.

Come, come, I will yield to You;
    You are the right path, the truth and the life.

2. So I give myself into Your hands
    and say: World, good night!
    Just as my life’s course is hurrying towards its end,
    the spirit is opportunely healthy.
    It hovers next to its creator,
    as Jesus is and remains
    the true way to life.
    Last edited by voxss; 05-09-2019 at 03:08 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Oh man, hope you are ok. Savour your experience but see a physician soon. I had a friend that had dizzy spells and faints - turned out he had a heart arrhythmia and they were able to address it rather easily.

cheers roberoo.will take your advice...could be Orthostatic hypotension..When you stand up, gravity causes blood to pool in your legs and abdomen. This decreases blood pressure because there's less blood circulating back to your heart.Normally, special cells (baroreceptors) near your heart and neck arteries sense this lower blood pressure. The baroreceptors send signals to centers in your brain, which signals your heart to beat faster and pump more blood, which stabilizes blood pressure...something interrrupted it..will see what doc says

User Info Menu

If you have to choose between Jesus and a doctor, choose the doctor!
    Build bridges, not walls.

User Info Menu

So Jesus, Bach and a doctor walk into a bar....

I forget the rest of the joke, but please do see a doctor.

User Info Menu

Best wishes, and report to your nearest ER/urgentcare facility stat! Been there, done that, survived. Seriously. Don't wait. God Bless.
    Best regards, k

User Info Menu

I am a complete believer in God’s will, but I think God wants us to fight tooth and nail.

Take care of yourself and see a doctor.
    Check out my tracks at www.soundcloud.com/billmcmannis

User Info Menu

Glad to hear you woke up and hope you get well soon! Might want to switch to a dog though.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about your plight! But, I am happy to hear from others that it most likely can be treated.

People don't like to talk about the many bleak possibilities that aging can bring. But we have to deal with this aging thing as best we can and not be afraid to reach out. There are thousands in the same situation as life tries to slowly take back everything it gave you.

I have had some bad health issues that have left me lame (hopefully temporarily). Two years ago I was lifting weights, running on a soccer fields, playing basketball and outrunning the neighborhood kids - and now I can't even climb steps due to a badly damaged knee. If this second surgery is a success, I might get back to 80% of what I used to be.

There were some dark times. I had to be left alone in a room while life goes on for my family. The drugs seemed to mess with my mind (Oxycontin) and I had a terrible feeling of dread. I had to accept that maybe, I would have to let a lot of my dreams go and accept a much less desirable fate.

But it might be strange to say, it has given me a glimpse of what could be my ultimate fate - alone in a room with limited abilities and multiple maladies. So, I am trying very hard to adjust my outlook on life and learn to appreciate what I do have. One thing that has helped is going out and visiting with the sick and the elderly.

Sorry about the long post. Just wanted to let you know there are many ways to approach this problem, both physically and mentally. Best of luck with getting the care you need and pressing on through life with some peace and joy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by voxss View Post
    cheers roberoo.will take your advice...could be Orthostatic hypotension..When you stand up, gravity causes blood to pool in your legs and abdomen. This decreases blood pressure because there's less blood circulating back to your heart.Normally, special cells (baroreceptors) near your heart and neck arteries sense this lower blood pressure. The baroreceptors send signals to centers in your brain, which signals your heart to beat faster and pump more blood, which stabilizes blood pressure...something interrrupted it..will see what doc says
    Whatever it is we want you around here for a few more years at least...God willing. See a doctor.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles View Post
    If you have to choose between Jesus and a doctor, choose the doctor!
    Growing up I heard a story of a family that called their priest when the patriarch of the house clutched his chest grimacing and groaning as he fell to the floor. When the priest arrived, surprised the ambulance hadn’t got there before him, he questioned the wife who said “we didn’t call an ambulance father, we called you”. Of course the priest was shocked,.... and presided over the funeral a few days later.
    Ignorance is agony.

User Info Menu

And get yourself well voxss!
    Ignorance is agony.

User Info Menu

Gads, jokes about faith...

As they say, "many true words are spoken in jest"

I recently had a scare with a lump, it turned out to be nothing ominous. Keep in touch with your experiences with the doctors.
    Last edited by GNAPPI; 05-12-2019 at 02:07 PM.
    Regards,

Gary