Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 101 to 108 of 108

User Info Menu

Hi folks,

At risk of getting OT, this site supposedly allows real time jamming over the internet as long as everyone is within about 500 miles of each other:

jamLink Frequently Asked Questions | MusicianLink

There are other similar sites.

HTH

SJ

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with it per se for hobbyists but it's not what you need to become an advanced, employable player. I notice Jens intersperses videos with a more fundamental subject matter in between his more lick oriented YT material, for instance, trying to get a good mix. I'd be interested to know how the viewing figures compare form vid to vid.
    You can go to my channel and look at the view counts? You can also sort the videos by what has the most views.

"The answer is not what you think"

Jens
    jenslarsen.nl --- My YouTube Channel with lessons and live videos--- YT Lesson Facebook page --- Træben album: Storm on itunes

I endorse Ibanez guitars, John Daw Custom picks and QSC monitors

User Info Menu

I never spent any time in music school or learning guitar on you tube, but I have taken lessons from a fabulous instructor on (mostly) and off for almost ten years. I never learned faster than when I was taking lessons, but my level of creativity was never higher than when I wasn't.

Craft vs. Artistry.
    "Songs are very interesting things to do to the air." -Tom Waits

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JensL View Post
    You can go to my channel and look at the view counts? You can also sort the videos by what has the most views.

"The answer is not what you think"

Jens
    Shush now ;-)

I'm just gonna do that actually.

While I do that, do you have any thoughts to share about the philosophy and growth of your channel, anything you've noticed? Be interested to know...

User Info Menu

Also, surely you are one of the most popular jazz guitar youtubers out there?

I mean 112K is pretty impressive for such a niche area. That's probably a hefty fraction of people interested in jazz guitar world wide...

So that's a really powerful thing, a big reach.

Yes indeed looking at your most viewed videos none of them are licks videos. Most of them are to do with soloing resources and voicings. Of course, the most popular one is about scales... :-)

User Info Menu

Shush now ;-)

I'm just gonna do that actually.

While I do that, do you have any thoughts to share about the philosophy and growth of your channel, anything you've noticed? Be interested to know...
    Also, surely you are one of the most popular jazz guitar youtubers out there?

I mean 112K is pretty impressive for such a niche area. That's probably a hefty fraction of people interested in jazz guitar world wide...

So that's a really powerful thing, a big reach.

Yes indeed looking at your most viewed videos none of them are licks videos. Most of them are to do with soloing resources and voicings. Of course, the most popular one is about scales... :-)
    Thank you! Yes 112K is pretty mind-blowing.

I don't know if I have any real philosophy. I keep making videos because it is fun to do so and I feel people enjoy them.

The last two and a half years or so I realized I could turn it into something that I could also earn money on so I try to do that as well. Mostly through crowdfunding via Patreon, which has really enabled me to keep at it. I am super grateful for the support of my Patrons, quite a few of them are around here as well.

Not so different from learning guitar really..

I don't know if you have any questions, just reach out. If it s really more about YT than jazz guitar then send me a facebook message or a PM. I am not an expert but also not completely ignorant

Jens
    jenslarsen.nl --- My YouTube Channel with lessons and live videos--- YT Lesson Facebook page --- Træben album: Storm on itunes

I endorse Ibanez guitars, John Daw Custom picks and QSC monitors

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JensL View Post
    Thank you! Yes 112K is pretty mind-blowing.

I don't know if I have any real philosophy. I keep making videos because it is fun to do so and I feel people enjoy them.

The last two and a half years or so I realized I could turn it into something that I could also earn money on so I try to do that as well. Mostly through crowdfunding via Patreon, which has really enabled me to keep at it. I am super grateful for the support of my Patrons, quite a few of them are around here as well.

Not so different from learning guitar really..

I don't know if you have any questions, just reach out. If it s really more about YT than jazz guitar then send me a facebook message or a PM. I am not an expert but also not completely ignorant

Jens
    Thanks Jens I very much appreciate that and may well do.

User Info Menu