The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 83 of 83

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77

And I will keep spamming this video until it is admitted that this video is the best jazz.
    It'll do ....

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I would have studied with this guy if I could have found his studio in Brooklyn. Damn GPS. Damn not having a Smart Phone.

Anyway, food for thought:

ugh, this was under the players section...

I'd rather read about Doug Raney.
    Last edited by Irez87; 05-16-2019 at 06:52 PM.

User Info Menu

I think some people absorb and aggregate their practice time more effectively, and apply it more constructively, than others.

User Info Menu

The good news most are born with no contraindication against music, meaning they can develop enough skills to be a decent musician. In my observation, the ratio is 1 in 5, where one would be pitch deaf and has no rhythm, practically unteachable. It's like a musical disability I guess.

But the rest is down to many factors. Maybe you don't have great motor skills, so it takes longer to develop good technique on the instrument compare to other guy, but you have great imagination so you come up with interesting musical ideas and that's your natural talent... I mean, a talent can manifest itself in many shapes or forms.

As long as you're not born with that musical disability. But then again, you'd probably have talents in other areas of life, maybe sport, or something, so you wouldn't be bothered to want to play music.

User Info Menu

Bleh, Gladwell

User Info Menu

I think it unlikely musical talent comes from bearing a "special musical molecule"; more likely that the source enabling musical talent is also the common source for many other talents.

User Info Menu

It’s midi chlorians

User Info Menu