The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 34 of 34

User Info Menu

Great news to hear and go with the proper rehab. Seems that playing the guitar like many athletic endeavors is very similar. Given the proper motivation and patience you can go a long way. Since it is Easter Sunday I would suggest prayer if helpful, even better if you are a Catholic have the priest anoint you, even after the surgery is ok you got a ways to go. What the human can do is so incredible you wonder who thought up all the movements it can do.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thanks fellas. Really appreciate the support and I agree deacon Mark I have a lot for which to be thankful.

And Marc (Stringswinger), it was your thoughts about the improvements in micro surgery and that even with a 10 percent chance of recover it was worth looking at the surgery. Those were important deciding points for me. And thanks for the compliments about my playing! Yeah, I miss those days at the Langley Motel -- and remember those great warm-from-the-oven cookies?

User Info Menu

Very glad to hear of the successful procedure!

User Info Menu

Yes, thanks for the followup and glad to hear that your playing.

User Info Menu

Good move. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! When I think of hand injuries and guitar players, I think of Django. It's the kind of inspiration that helped me push though a finger injury 25 years ago. You play with what you've got, a lot of which is in the heart and soul!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    Good move. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! When I think of hand injuries and guitar players, I think of Django. It's the kind of inspiration that helped me push though a finger injury 25 years ago. You play with what you've got, a lot of which is in the heart and soul!
    +1.

Aside from the obvious example of Django, I also came to think about Lester Youngs solo on Billie Holidays "Fine and Mellow" from the Sounds of Jazz 1957 television show. Lester was ill, short of breath, in bad shape fitness wise and clearly had problems blowing any kind of powerful tone. For all the other music recorded at that day, he laid out. Nevertheless, with few notes and low key dynamics he played one chorus of the bluest blues saturated with honesty, heart and soul - and Billie Holidays facial expressions while he played reflected that. It's still moving to hear and see today 62 years later.

Last edited by oldane; 04-22-2019 at 10:01 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oldane
    +1.

Aside from the obvious example of Django, I also came to think about Lester Youngs solo on Billie Holidays "Fine and Mellow" from the Sounds of Jazz 1957 television show. Lester was ill, short of breath, in bad shape fitness wise and clearly had problems blowing any kind of powerful tone. For all the other music recorded at that day, he laid out. Nevertheless, with few notes and low key dynamics he played one chorus of the bluest blues saturated with honesty, heart and soul - and Billie Holidays facial expressions while he played reflected that. It's still moving to hear and see today 62 years later.

Oh, so true Oldane. So true. In my mind, this short solo is one of the great moments in recorded music.

User Info Menu

Good to hear you're back playing. Best wishes sent.

User Info Menu

Great news, glad to hear that you're recovering and actually playing the guitar! Godspeed.