The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 83 of 83

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alez
    Javier Sánchez is one of the best guitar players in town, that being Madrid, Spain where he's based (and I am, too). He also plays in a band called Ménilmontant first, now Menil, with Raúl Márquez on violin, they play a lot of Reinhardt-Grappelli stuff really well. It's one of my favourite local bands. I really like to see them live, particularly as they often play in smaller, intimate venues.
    He is really a great guitar player. Have to come one day to Madrid getting the chance to see him playing live.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Musgo Real
    He is really a great guitar player. Have to come one day to Madrid getting the chance to see him playing live.
    If you do, let me know, I'll introduce you

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alez
    If you do, let me know, I'll introduce you

User Info Menu

I'd go Nuages, too. Wonderful little tune.

Derek

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KirkP
    Nuages is my #1 from the jazz manouche library, but I never try to imitate that style.
    Quote Originally Posted by digger
    I'd go Nuages, too. Wonderful little tune.

Derek
    Because you like Nuages so much, listen to Anouman, too. Great song written by Django.

Nuages.

I'm rather partial to this one as well:

Mr. Frampton, being the Django devote' that he is, does a phenomenal job, along with John Jorgenson.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by geese_com
    I am obsessed with Django's version of "I'll See You In My Dreams.

Just for fun I am trying to learn how to play the song with just two fingers on my left hand. It is amazing that he was able to play the whole thing with just two fingers on his left hand. Even more amazing is coming up with the improvisation for this song and the playing.
    There are many choices, but this gets my vote too. I am also learning it, but with three fingers, not two.

Not technically "Jazz Manouche", but in Django style, from one of my favorite players: