The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 40 of 40

User Info Menu

Yep, sad news. I wish Ed the best.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I am a subscriber and a satisfied one at that.

However, this site itself provides much the same in terms of information, tips, stories, history, sharing of the passion, instrument and recording reviews, etc.

I'll mostly miss the arrangements.

User Info Menu

I got that email as well. Unfortunately, I just subscribed, so my timing was off.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear this. From(only) the email above it does not appear that he tried sell the business. I feel bad for the advertisers; I don't envision one man operation arch top makers to now start placing 1/2 page layouts in Guitar Player mag and Guitar World. Perhaps someone with a background in journalism/publishing will jump in with something new.

A sincere Thank You to Mr Benson for keeping the Flame for so long!

User Info Menu

I hope Mr. Benson is in good health. This is big loss for the jazz guitar community on so many levels. I look forward to the arrival of the is magazine like a kid at Christmas. What a bummer, say it ain't so.....

User Info Menu

Dang .. sad news ....

That said ... I only subscribed for a couple of years and still haven't given the ones I have the attention they deserve.

User Info Menu

Sorry to see this happen as Ed was a stalwart for us archtop players. But we all get older and have to bow to Father Time. Had this mag since 2008 and will be sorely missed.
    Let us all hope that a similar magazine will appear in the near future-we sure need this void to be filled

User Info Menu

I have been a contributor to the magazine. I emailed the publisher (Ed Benson) asking if he would like to sell the magazine. He wrote back that he has had several offers to sell but does not wish to sell it at this time.

Maybe retirement might bore him and he will bring it back? Let's hope...I will miss JJG as will many others

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    I have been a contributor to the magazine. I emailed the publisher (Ed Benson) asking if he would like to sell the magazine. He wrote back that he has had several offers to sell but does not wish to sell it at this time.

Maybe retirement might bore him and he will bring it back? Let's hope...I will miss JJG as will many others
    That's a new wrinkle: Ed's has had offers but does not wish to sell. I wonder why he does not wish to sell.

User Info Menu

I hope that if someone ever buys it, they keep the same format.

User Info Menu

It was a bit of a shocker to get the news. Been a contributor since very early on and as a result have many lessons in published format that I use for teaching and plan to use as a basis for a book on harmony for jazz guitar; a task that would not happen otherwise. An added plus was receiving e mails from all over the world and a gig offer that took me to Italy. It was a wonderful thing to be part of and its absence will leave a void in the jazz guitar world. Now, what to do for the final issue.....☺ -Roy Patterson

User Info Menu

Real shame that it's going, I've personally read and sold it for a number of years here in the UK and you couldn't want a better value magazine for the money, a great achievement by Ed.
    I was always under the impression that it wasn't really a business to Ed more a lifestyle, certainly down the line from publisher to recipient everyone was in it for the love of the magazine and I know from many contributors that they did it for free so I'm not sure what that type of enterprise would look like on paper, without a central driving force doing for the love (and presumably next to no money).

Thanks Ed, the jazz guitar world salutes you!

User Info Menu

I wonder if the website will stay up to peruse back issues?

User Info Menu

Does anyone know if there's any sort of online index of all the contents of issues of JJG magazine through 2016?

I have them going back to 2001 and would love to have this as a reference.

Thanks,
    Jay

User Info Menu

It looks like there is no on-line JJG presence at all.