The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 40

User Info Menu

Hey does anyone knows how do I subscribe to just jazz guitar magazine? It's really weird they don't have PayPal or any other payment service,I wonder if its secure sending them an email with your credit card and address information,does anyone has a subscription? Thank you

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Which country are you in ?

I'm in Michigan USA

User Info Menu

I just send them a check every year.

User Info Menu

It's pretty laid back you can call and leave a message.

User Info Menu

Yes, I asked about your location because the magazine does have international distribution, but if you're in the US, I'd just ring the number on the website.

Great magazine BTW.

Thanks everyone for replying,i just needed to make sure it is secure calling their number

User Info Menu

It is totally secure. I am a contributing writer. The magazine is a small, family owned enterprise. The owner, Ed Benson is a good guy. Call the number, sunscribe and enjoy!

Im calling right now,thank you!!!

User Info Menu

I wrote without answer.. Does someone read the pdf out of the USA? I'm in Italy

User Info Menu

I like the magazine, though it does seem the same old stuff every time - but there is no alternative, and we are lucky to have it.

One annoyance, if I may vent for a moment, is after a year's subscription, they often forget to tell you that it has run out, and you need to renew your subscription. Consequently I forget about it for six months or so, then have to get a back issue or two.

Once I phoned up to renew, and was confronted with two giggling girls. I asked for two back issues, and after a couple of weeks received the wrong ones.

Its odd. The magazine seems very professional, but the company is a bit eccentric.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    It is totally secure. I am a contributing writer. The magazine is a small, family owned enterprise. The owner, Ed Benson is a good guy. Call the number, sunscribe and enjoy!
    Really? A while back on two separate occasions, I called their number repeatedly looking to subscribe. I gave them my name and phone number. Not once were any of my phone calls returned. I called multiple times. Not once .

User Info Menu

I just subscribed. I was not keen on sending my credit card information via an unsecured email, so I called. My first call and msg went unanswered for one week. My second call and msg a week after the first received a reply that day, but I was unable to answer the call as I was at work. I called back shortly thereafter and left another msg. On my fourth attempt I got a human, gave my payment information, and had the November issue two days later. I was told on the phone that I will receive an email when my subscription is due to renew, and I simply need to reply yes or no. It took some effort to get through, but once I did the woman I spoke with was very pleasant, and my first issue arrived very quickly. It's a very good magazine and worth the effort to get through on the phone. Online payment options would be nice, but would likely increase the price per issue. After the initial struggles subscribing there is nothing more to do but enjoy the magazine.

User Info Menu

Well, I've never once had an email saying my subscription was due. Good luck with that!

User Info Menu

I received an email from Ed Benson that the May 2016 issue will be the last one. He decided to retire.
    What a bummer.
    He said he will refund everyone's leftover subscription.

destinytot Guest
    Sorry to hear that.

User Info Menu

Maybe one of us should take up the mantle?

User Info Menu

That stinks.

I still have back issues I haven't got through though.

Where will all the luthiers advertise now?

User Info Menu

Sad news. Can't say I'm shocked, but I'm saddened nonetheless.

User Info Menu

This is a copy of the email.

TO: JJG SUBSCRIBERS
    It is withgreat pride and yet a heavy heart that we would like to announce the end of anera with Just Jazz Guitar.
    After 42years of working, including 21 publishing this magazine, I have decided it istime to retire. While the magazine and subscribers hold a special place in myheart and the magazine is still thriving, it really is time to step back,relax, travel and spend time with family.
    Mydaughter-in-law, who has handled all the bookkeeping for the past ten years,and I would like to thank all of our dedicated subscribers, advertisers andcontributors for making this magazine such a huge success for a very long run. We could not have done it without you.
    We will bepublishing two last magazines, February and May 2016.
    Since youhave already renewed we will be reimbursing you the balance of the renewaldollars that we will not fulfill after May.
    That reimbursementwill come in the form of how you paid originally either via check or creditcard. All reimbursements will be made prior to May 31st, 2016.
    Thanksagain for all of your dedication to reading our publication. For that weare eternally grateful.

User Info Menu

Yes, got the same news this morning. It's a crazy good mag, hard to believe the effort that goes into every edition by a small crew. Even with only a few issues a year, I still have to catch up. I'd love someone to take it over but I imagine the economics of such a magazine might be a challenge.

User Info Menu

Sad. Any takers, I wonder?

User Info Menu

He's a stand up guy for making refunds. My subscription expires after the Feb. issue. I contacted him to purchase the May issue. I've been a subscriber since about the 2001.

I too wish someone would take it up.

I just got this morning really bad news from JJGM,according to Ed Benson the owner and producer of Just Jazz they will be issuing 2 more issues of the magazine ending the life of Just Jazz Guitar Magazine, I'm devastated these are really bad news not just for us Guitar players but for all Jazz musicians

This is the email I got from them

TO: JJG SUBSCRIBERS

It is with great pride and yet a heavy heart that we would like to announce the end of an era with Just Jazz Guitar.

After 42 years of working, including 21 publishing this magazine, I have decided it is time to retire. While the magazine and subscribers hold a special place in my heart and the magazine is still thriving, it really is time to step back, relax, travel and spend time with family.

My daughter-in-law, who has handled all the bookkeeping for the past ten years, and I would like to thank all of our dedicated subscribers, advertisers and contributors for making this magazine such a huge success for a very long run. *We could not have done it without you.

We will be publishing two last magazines, February and May 2016. *

Since you have already renewed we will be reimbursing you the balance of the renewal dollars that we will not fulfill after May.**

That reimbursement will come in the form of how you paid originally either via check or credit card.* All reimbursements will be made prior to May 31st, 2016.

Thanks again for all of your dedication to reading our publication.* For that we are eternally grateful.