Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 50 of 82

User Info Menu

Hi folks

Just thought I would share some details of some clinics/workshops that I've organised for the next couple of months. I hope it's okay to share them here - the LJGS is a real labour of love and I don't make a penny from running it and organising these events.

London Jazz Guitar Society-kreisberg2015-jpgLondon Jazz Guitar Society-gilad2015-jpg

We should also have a clinic with Howard Alden in April.

Here's a photo from our clinic with Peter Bernstein last month.

London Jazz Guitar Society-bernstein2015a-jpg
    Last edited by David B; 05-01-2016 at 08:45 AM.

London Jazz Guitar Society:
    www.meetup.com/londonjazzguitarsociety
    LJGS on Twitter: www.twitter.com/LDNJazzGuitar

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

You have some seriously great players in this workshop series! It's a very positive thing to see you making this level of talent available to the jazz guitar community. Keep up the good work.

User Info Menu

Forget these Yanks; have you ever had Terry Smith do a clinic/workshop?

User Info Menu

Good Luck with guitar workshops.
    Best
    Kris

User Info Menu

Can you let us have more info on this society. I have not heard of it. Would be interested to learn more.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_S View Post
    Can you let us have more info on this society. I have not heard of it. Would be interested to learn more.
    Hi Ian,
    The link is in the flyers above and my signature here: London Jazz Guitar Society (London, England) - Meetup
    You can also follow the group on Facebook (just search for London Jazz Guitar Society) and Twitter at @LDNJazzGuitar

In the last two years, we have had clinics from Peter Bernstein, Jonathan Kreisberg, Sheryl Bailey, Bobby Broom, Sid Jacobs, Lage Lund and Howard Paul (Benedetto Guitars). I also do a monthly newsletter which goes out to members of the Meetup group.

User Info Menu

Hi folks. We had a great clinic yesterday afternoon with Gilad Hekselman.

London Jazz Guitar Society-image-jpgLondon Jazz Guitar Society-image-jpgLondon Jazz Guitar Society-image-jpgLondon Jazz Guitar Society-image-jpg

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting these, David, and please continue to do so. I'll be in London for the first full week in July (3rd through 11th) and it would be outstanding if by coincidence your society had something going on that week. Cheers!

User Info Menu

Hi folks,
    Our next clinic, with Howard Alden, is now open for booking.

London Jazz Guitar Society-alden2015-jpg
    Last edited by David B; 05-01-2016 at 08:44 AM.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

nice!

User Info Menu

A few photos from last Saturday afternoon with Howard Alden.

London Jazz Guitar Society-image-jpgLondon Jazz Guitar Society-image-jpgLondon Jazz Guitar Society-image-jpgLondon Jazz Guitar Society-image-jpg

User Info Menu

Our next workshop, in August, will be with Brad Shepik.

London Jazz Guitar Society-shepik2015-jpg
    Last edited by David B; 05-01-2016 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Reduced flyer size for desktop viewing.

User Info Menu

Very cool. Kudos for doing something like this. Seriously thinking of taking a trip over.

On another note, whats hangin out of Gilad Hekselman guitar?
    Extra strings?

Ted

edit:spelling
    Last edited by Teddyfm; 06-07-2015 at 06:50 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyfm View Post
    Very cool. Kudos for doing something like this. Seriously thinking of taking a trip over.

On another note, was it thats hangin out of Gilad Hekselman guitar?
    Extra strings?

Ted
    Looks like 6 wires, one going to each string saddle at the bridge. Some kind of bridge piezo pickup?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop View Post
    Looks like 6 wires, one going to each string saddle at the bridge. Some kind of bridge piezo pickup?
    It does seem to connect to some knobs, so maybe that then.

User Info Menu

Hi Teddy,
    Yes, Gilad has added a piezo system to his guitar. You can see the additional controls and output jack plugging the lower f-hole.

User Info Menu

...and a good time was had by all. ;o)

The London Jazz Guitar Society sounds like a great organization. You sure attract some major players. I love to hear about it and I think many others do as well. God bless!
    "Learn the repertoire. It’s all in the songs. If you learn 200 songs, you will have no problem improvising."
    Frank Vignola

User Info Menu

Nice! I'm sure you'll have a great time with Brad. Studied with him for quite a bit, one of the best teachers I've had.

User Info Menu

Hi , Is it possible to do simillar workshops in Poland-Warsaw? ???

User Info Menu

I have the place...:-) Jazz club: Piwna 12 on 14 12/14 Jazz Club | Art Gallery | Wine & Food Jazzingly Kris Wolinsky
    Last edited by kris; 06-20-2015 at 10:12 AM.

User Info Menu

Hi everyone,
    Sent our July mailout last night. You can read it online here: LJGS July 2015 mailout - London Jazz Guitar Society (London, England) - Meetup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris View Post
    Hi , Is it possible to do simillar workshops in Poland-Warsaw? ???
    Hi Kris,
    That's a great idea but beyond my resources and skills - I'm not a professional promoter. You should try it! My experience has been that many touring musicians are open to doing these sorts of events if they have, say, a free afternoon to kill before a gig.

User Info Menu

it begs the question .. where are the LA NY Chicago etc jazz guitar societies..and if there are none..why
    play well ...
    wolf

User Info Menu

Here are a few photos from yesterday's workshop and concert with Brad Shepik. The concert received a positive review from Jazzwise magazine, which you can read here: Brad Shepik?s Trio explore a Changing Climate

London Jazz Guitar Society-11754783_10152931341856428_8883297275168384172_o-jpgLondon Jazz Guitar Society-11822991_10152931341456428_6980212736669959187_o-jpgLondon Jazz Guitar Society-11816255_10152931341376428_5655756913154681351_o-jpgLondon Jazz Guitar Society-11850630_10152931341061428_2682550045877571464_o-jpg

User Info Menu

David, these events look great. Any reason you guys aren't shooting some vid? I imagine most players don't want to share the clinic segments for free but a song or two from the performance segments would be great!

User Info Menu

Hi Jazzpunk,
    Different guests have different feelings about recording. There are a few clips from some of our past events out there.

User Info Menu

September's workshop will be with one of the UK's finest players and teachers, Mike Outram!

London Jazz Guitar Society-outram2015flyer-jpg

Last edited by David B; 05-01-2016 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Reduced flyer size for desktop viewing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wolflen View Post
    it begs the question .. where are the LA NY Chicago etc jazz guitar societies..and if there are none..why
    Wolfy baby,

Its probably because there are not many David Bs and TruthHertzs around to bring it all together. Its probably a thankless endeavor in many ways, and they probably have to do the lion's share of the "heavy lifting" themselves.

Godspeed to all the individuals that take up this noble cause.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the kind words AlsoRan!

Just sent the September mailout. You can read a copy online here: LJGS September 2015 mailout - London Jazz Guitar Society (London, England) - Meetup There are links to some very nice videos from LJGS members in there.

User Info Menu

Thought I'd keep this thread fresh with a video clip and some photos from our recent workshop with Mike Outram.

Attachment 24143Attachment 24144Attachment 24145

Last edited by David B; 10-11-2015 at 12:11 PM.

User Info Menu

Two workshops left to go this year before we take a break until the Spring: Sheryl Bailey on 25 October and Mike Moreno on 5 November.

Attachment 24146

User Info Menu

Here are some videos from some friends and fellow LJGS members:

Olivia's Owls (feat. Charlie Laffer)

Alex Haines/Alex Munk/Nick Jurd play 'Robots'

Preview of Tim Garland's next album (feat. Ant Law)

Hannes Riepler Band at Jazz Nursery

Lloyd Haines Quartet at Jazz Nursery (feat. Nick Costley-White)

Kristian Borring/Bruno Heinen duo at Jazz Nursery

User Info Menu

London Jazz Guitar Society-baileyworkshop1-jpg
    Last edited by David B; 05-01-2016 at 08:36 AM.

User Info Menu

London Jazz Guitar Society-morenoworkshop1-jpg
    Last edited by David B; 05-01-2016 at 08:37 AM.

User Info Menu

Just sent our January mailout, which you can read online here: https://www.jazzguitar.be/forum/playe...society-2.html

Gigs this month featuring LJGS members:

10 January: Nick Costley-White leads his band in a double bill at Green Note, Camden. 8.30pm. £7. Details: » Huw Williams? Hon + Nick Costley-White Quartet

11 January: Artie Zaitz is in the house trio at Jackdaw, Clapton. Jam session follows. Details: Jackdaw ? Live Music

14 January: Balagan Cafe Band (Christian Miller on guitar) are at Jackdaw, Clapton. Details: Jackdaw ? Live Music

15 January: Hannes Riepler's launch show for his new album 'Wild Life' at Kings Place. Quartet features NYC sax legend Chris Cheek. 8pm. £12.50. Details: Hannes Riepler Quartet feat. Chris Cheek: 'Wild Life' Album Launch | Kings Place

17 January: The Hot Club of Jupiter (Christian Miller on guitar) are upstairs at The Ritzy, Brixton. 2pm. Details: https://www.picturehouses.com/cinema...afternoon-jazz

21 January: Harry Sankey's trio tribute to Barney Kessel and 'The Poll Winners' at Croydon Clocktower Cafe. 12.15pm. £5 donation suggested.

22 January: Nigel Price/Vasilis Xenopoulos Quartet at the Riverside Arts Centre, Walton-on-Thames. 8pm. Details: https://thelittleboxoffice.com/river...ent/view/36573

23 January: Singer Ian Shaw's annual week at Pizza Express Soho continues with a trio set with David Preston on guitar and the legendary Peter Ind on bass. 12pm. £20. Details: PizzaExpress Live - Jazz Club Soho

24 January: Phil Robson, Christine Tobin and Julian Joseph are at Kings Place. 8pm. £15. Details: Christine Tobin & Phil Robson with special guest Julian Joseph present ?The Winter Sun? | Kings Place

24 January: Harry Sankey's trio tribute to Barney Kessel and 'The Poll Winners' at The Royal Albert, New Cross. Free entry.

26 January: Harry Sankey's quartet at The Oriole, Farringdon. Free entry. Details: Jinzu presents ? Oriole

27 January: Mike Outram's organ trio at The Bull's Head, Barnes. 8.30pm £10 advance/£12 on the door/£5 students. Details: Listings - Bull's Head - Barnes on Music Glue

28 January: John Warren's nonet (Nick Costley-White on guitar) at Jazz Nursery onboard the Golden Hinde (near Borough Market). £10/£5 for concessions. Details: Tickets |

28 January: Nigel Price guests with the Colin Peters Quartet at Googlies, Enfield. 8pm. £9. Details: GOOGLIES : Jazz Supper Club | Welcome

29 January: Snowpoet (Nick Costley-White on guitar) launch their album with a show at St Pancras Old Church. 8pm. £10. Details: WeGotTickets - Your Online Box Office - SNOWPOET ALBUM LAUNCH + GUESTS

29 January: Femi Temowo is at Hideaway, Streatham. 9pm. £15. Details: Femi?s guitar sings an exquisite blend of jazz interwoven with smooth Nigerian rhythms and folk sounds | HIDEAWAY - London's premier live music and comedy club

30 January: Theo Travis' Double Talk (Mike Outram on guitar) at the Arts Depot, Finchley. 7.30pm. £12. Details: https://www.artsdepot.co.uk/music/th...is-double-talk

Recent videos featuring LJGS members:

Last edited by David B; 01-10-2016 at 04:28 PM.

User Info Menu

We have a workshop with Howard Alden coming up next Sunday, 8th May.
    You can find full details at: Howard Alden workshop, 8th May - London Jazz Guitar Society (London, England) - Meetup

User Info Menu

This group looks like a lot of fun! I went to a clinic with Howard a couple of years back and I learned a lot.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wolflen View Post
    I imagine it is because no-one is yet motivated enough to take on the organisational and administrative challenge.

User Info Menu

A small clip from yesterday afternoon's workshop with Howard Alden. Excuse my shakey camera work.

User Info Menu

hey cm, "wanna go to the dump and shoot some rats" - Emmet Ray

good stuff...& nice doubledecker bus cgi..haha

cheers

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Hi there, when are the jams for the LJGS? What day of the month are they on?
    Play Better Jazz Guitar Chords in 30 Days

JamieHolroydGuitar.com - Countless Free Jazz & Blues Guitar Lessons & Resources

User Info Menu

David, you are doing amazing work, and I'm sure the London jazz community is all the better for it. I wish I lived in London...although Edinburgh is only four and a half hours away...hmm...

User Info Menu

Gigs for the rest of this month involving LJGS members:

10 August: Matt Roberts Big Band (Alex Munk) at The Spice of Life, Soho. 7pm. £10. Details: Events

11 August: Matt Chandler organ trio at Karamel, Wood Green. Part of the Karamel Music Festival. Details: Upcoming Events | Karamel London

12 August: Deborah Carew, accompanied by Christian Miller, at Green Note, Camden. 9pm. £8. Details: » Deborah Carew Swing Trio

12 August: Hannes Riepler and Alex Hutton duo at Verdi, Royal Albert Hall. 8pm. Free. Details: Free Friday Music - Alex Hutton ? Royal Albert Hall

12 August: Matt Chandler organ trio at The Bear Club, Luton. 8.30pm. £8. Details: AUGUST ? The Bear Club | Mill Yard Jazz & Blues

15 August: Ant Law guests with the Jason Lyons Trio at Toulouse Lautrec, Kennington. Details: Brasserie Toulouse Lautrec- French Brasserie, Wine Bar and Live Music Venue- Kennington, London.

16 August: Fini Bearman Band (Nick Costley-White) at The Vortex. 8pm. £10. Details: Upcoming Events | *Birthday gig* Double bill- Tom Hewson Trio & Fini Bearman Band | Vortex Jazz Club

17 August: Martin Speake's Mafarowi (Hannes Riepler) at The Vortex. 8pm. £10. Details: Upcoming Events | Mafarowi | Vortex Jazz Club
    19 August: Hannes Riepler Trio at Troyganic, Hoxton.

20 August:
    Nigel Price and Jim Mullen
    co-lead a quartet at The 606 Club, Chelsea. Details: www.606club.co.uk

21 August:
    Christian Miller's
    'Cool Struttin' residency continues upstairs at The Ritzy, Brixton. 2.30pm. Free. Details: https://www.picturehouses.com/cinema...afternoon-jazz

21 August:
    Matt Chandler
    organ trio at Oval Tavern, Croydon. 1pm.

26 August:
    Mike Outram
    organ trio at Archduke, Waterloo. 10pm. Free. Details: http://www.blackandbluerestaurants.c...CHDUKEGIGS.pdf

29 August:
    Ofer Landsberg and his quartet play the late show at Ronnie Scott's. Details: https://www.ronniescotts.co.uk/perfo...y-alex-garnett

29 August:
    Matt Wates and Nigel Priceplay a lunchtime (1pm) set at The Oval, Croydon.

31 August:
    An evening with legendary bassist Peter Ind (David Preston) at The 606 Club. Details: www.606club.co.uk

31 August:
    Wild Card (Clement Regert) at Karamel, Wood Green. Part of the Karamel Music Festival. Details: Upcoming Events | Karamel London

3 September:
    Deluge Jazz Guitar Duo (Jeff Rodrigues and Tobias Rupp) at Fresh Ground, Battersea Rise. 3pm.

4 September:
    Deluge Jazz Guitar Duo (Jeff Rodrigues and Tobias Rupp) at Ealing Guitar Society. 7pm.

Every Sunday: Hannes Rieplerhosts the long-running and popular jam session downstairs at The Vortex, Dalston. Hannes leads a quartet in an opening set before opening up to guests. From 8pm.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamieh View Post
    Hi there, when are the jams for the LJGS? What day of the month are they on?
    Hi Jamie,
    We don't have any regular LJGS events at the moment, just occasional workshops with special guests. I'm in the process of putting together an application to the Arts Council. I would love to be able to do more with the LJGS but I've had some unfortunate experiences whereby I've had to meet meet shortfalls for venue hire and guest fees out of my own pocket. Even in London, it's tough to get people to come out.

If you'd like some pointers on jam sessions around London, just let me know.
    Last edited by David B; 08-06-2016 at 07:47 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop View Post
    David, you are doing amazing work, and I'm sure the London jazz community is all the better for it. I wish I lived in London...although Edinburgh is only four and a half hours away...hmm...
    Many thanks Rob. I appreciate the kind words. I would recommend keeping your eye out for Will Arnold-Forster, a fine young guitarist who currently splits his time between London and Edinburgh. I believe he's doing some dates at the Kansas Smitty's pop-up jazz club during the Edinburgh Fringe. Also performing there is another excellent guitarist, David Archer, with the groups Kansas Smitty's House Band and Smitty's Big Four.

Last edited by David B; 08-07-2016 at 03:24 AM.

User Info Menu

Thanks, David. I'll try to catch them.

User Info Menu

Gigs this month involving LJGS members:

Saturday 3 September: Deluge (Jeff Rodrigues and Tobias Rupp duo) are at Fresh Ground London, SW11 1EQ. 3pm.

Sunday 4 September: Gareth Lockrane Big Band (Mike Outram) at The 606 Club, Chelsea. 1pm. Details: www.606club.co.uk

Sunday 4 September: Deluge (Jeff Roridgues and Tobias Rupp duo) play at the Ealing Guitar Society, St. Matthew's Church Hall, W5 2QA. 7.30pm. Details: http://guitarsociety.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/deluge.html

Sunday 4 September: Acrobat organ trio (Kristian Borring) at Jazz at The Salisbury. 1 Green Lanes, N4 1JX. 8pm. Details: https://www.facebook.com/events/1797120073866522/

Sunday 4 September: Two’s Company (Garry Constable and Simon Heaton) at Starfish Loves Coffee, 92 Aldermans Hill, N13 9PP. 1.30pm.

Tuesday 6 September: Crossroads Quartet (Tal Janes) at Cable Cafe, Oval.. 8 Brixton Road, SW9 6BU. Details: http://www.goodeveningarts.co.uk/listings

Wednesday 7 September: Love for Sale (John Hartley) at Vine, 88 Highgate Road NW5 1PB. 7.30pm.

Wednesday 7 September: Mike Outram Trio at the Bull’s Head, Barnes. 8.30pm. Details: https://www.musicglue.com/thebullshe...s-head-barnes/

Saturday 10 September: Wild Card (Clement Regert) at Jazz Cafe POSK, Hammersmith. 8.30pm. Details: WildCard10Sep16 | Jazz Cafe Posk London

Sunday 11 September: Jamie Leeming Project feat. Emily Dankworth at Omnibus Clapham. 7.30pm. Details: Upcoming Events | The Jamie Leeming Project feat. Emily Dankworth | Omnibus

Sunday 11 September: Hot Club of Jupiter (Christian Miller) at The Magic Garden, 231 Battersea Park Road, SW11 4LG. 9pm. Details: The Hot Club of Jupiter - Magic Garden Pub

Monday 12 September: Harry Sankey Quintet play the late show at Ronnie Scott’s. Midnight. Details: https://www.ronniescotts.co.uk/perfo...y-alex-garnett

Tuesday 14 September: Preston Glasgow Lowe (David Preston) at Old Street Records. Details: http://www.oldstreetrecords.com/whats-on

Thursday 15 September: Preston Glasgow Lowe (David Preston) at The Ram Jam Club, 46 Richmond Road, Kingston-upon-Thames. 8.30pm. Details: The Grey Horse

Thursday 15 September: Love for Sale (John Hartley) at Woodman, 414 Archway Road, N6 5UA.
    Friday

Friday 16 September: Tim Garland Quartet (Ant Law) at Herts Jazz Festival. 8.30pm. Details: Herts Jazz Festival 2016

Sunday 18 September: Nigel Price Organ Trio at Herts Jazz Festival. 2pm. Details: Herts Jazz Festival 2016

Sunday 18 September: Christian Miller’s ‘Cool Struttin’ residency continues Upstairs at The Ritzy, Brixton. 2.30pm. Details: https://www.picturehouses.com/cinema...afternoon-jazz

Sunday 18 September: Simon Carter Group (Mike Outram) at The Boater’s Inn, Canbury Park, Kingston-upon-Thames. 8pm. Details: Jazz at Boaters - Live Jazz Every Sunday Night in Kingston, Surrey

Wednesday 21 September: Love for Sale (John Hartley) at Bernie Grant's Arts Centre, Town Hall Approach Road, N15 4RX.

Saturday 24 September: Nigel Price Organ Trio at The Bear Club, Luton. 8.30pm. Details: SEPT ? The Bear Club | Mill Yard Jazz & Blues

Saturday 24 September: Maria Chiara Argirò/Jamie Leeming duo project at Book and Kitchen. 31 All Saints Road, W11 1HE. 7pm. Details: Notting Hill Unplugged: Maria Chiara Argirò & Jamie Leeming Duo

Wednesday 28 September: Nick Costley-White Trio at Bermondsey Arts Club, 102A Tower Bridge Road, SE1 4TP. Details: The Bermondsey Arts Club & Cocktail Bar

Wednesday 28 September: Ollie Howell Band (Ant Law) at The Troubadour, Earl's Court. 8pm. https://troubadourlondon.yapsody.com...1/ollie-howell

Thursday 29 September: Matt Chandler Quartet at The Ram Jam Club, 46 Richmond Road, Kingston-upon-Thames. 8.30pm. Details: The Grey Horse

Thursday 29 September: Theo Jackson (Alex Munk) at The Elgar Room, Royal Albert Hall. 9.45pm. Details: Late Night Jazz - Theo Jackson ? Royal Albert Hall

Thursday 29 September: Brandon Allen/Nick Costley-White Quartet interpret the classic Sonny Rollins album 'The Bridge' at Jazz Nursery. Details: http://www.jazznursery.com

Thursday 29 September: Nigel Price Organ Trio at Hideaway, Streatham. 8.30pm. Details: Top UK jazz guitarist Nigel Price and his Organ Trio plays blues and swing at Hideaway Jazz Club Streatham | HIDEAWAY - London's premier live music and comedy club

Friday 30 September: Corrie Dick Band (Rob Luft) at The Vortex, Dalston. 8pm. Details: Upcoming Events | CORRIE DICK ? IMPOSSIBLE THINGS | Vortex Jazz Club

Every Sunday: Hannes Riepler hosts the long-running and popular jam session downstairs at The Vortex, Dalston. Hannes leads a quartet in an opening set before opening up to guests. From 8pm.
    Last edited by David B; 09-07-2016 at 11:50 AM.

User Info Menu

Lots of great music happening in town this month, both inside and outside the London Jazz Festival.

Here's my selection of gigs from both local talent and visitors from the international scene.

Wednesday 2 November (and every Wednesday): Tommy Remon and his quartet at Tia Maria, South Lambeth Road. Jam session in the second set. 8pm. Free.

Wednesday 2 November (and every Wednesday): Ofer Landsberg plays duo with vocalist Charlotte Storer at The Sutton Arms, Barbican. 7pm.

Thursday 3 November: Filipe Monteiro and his quintet are at The Vortex. 8pm. £10. Details: Upcoming Events | Filipe Monteiro | Vortex Jazz Club

Thursday 3 November: Love for Sale (John Hartley) are Megaro Bar, NW1. 7.30pm.

Saturday 5 November: The Applejacks (Harry Sankey) play the Green Note, Camden. 8pm. £8. Details: >> The Applejacks

Saturday 5 November: Terence Blanchard’s E-Collective (Charles Altura on guitar) play at Ronnie Scott’s. Two shows. £30-50. Details: Terence Blanchard's E-Collective - Ronnie Scott's

Sunday 6 November: Two’s Company (Garry Constable and Simon Heaton) are at Starfish Loves Coffee, Palmers Green. 2pm. Free.

Monday 7 November: Gilad Hekselman brings his trio to The Vortex. 8pm. £15. Details: Upcoming Events | Gilad Hekselman Trio | Vortex Jazz Club

Monday 7 November: Hannes Riepler’s band (feat. special guest, Dutch sax legend Jasper Blom) play the late show at Ronnie Scott’s. 11pm. £10. Details: Hannes Riepler Quartet Feat. Dutch saxophone legend Jasper Blom - Ronnie Scott's

Thursday 10 November: Love for Sale (John Hartley) are at The Woodman, Highgate. 7.30pm.

Friday 11 November: Ofer Landsberg and quartet are at Oliver’s Jazz Bar, Greenwich. 9pm. Details: http://www.oliversjazzbar.co.uk/index.html

Friday 11 November: Ant Law and his quintet preview new material at The Crypt, Camberwell. 8pm. £8. Details: http://www.jazzlive.co.uk/guide.html

Saturday 12 November: Guitar Journey (Jonny Phillips and Giorgio Serci duo) are at The Crypt, Camberwell. 8pm. £8. Details: http://www.jazzlive.co.uk/guide.html

Saturday 12 November: Hannes Riepler brings Dutch Saxophone legend Jasper Blom to The Vortex. 8pm. £15. Details: http://www.vortexjazz.co.uk/event/ha...ssoon-quartet/

Sunday 13 November: Partikel (Ant Law) are at Pizza Express Soho. 12pm. £12. Details: https://www.pizzaexpresslive.com/whats-on/partikel

Sunday 13 November: Ben Van Gelder Quintet (Renier Baas on guitar) at the Green Note, Camden. 8pm. £12. Details: http://www.greennote.co.uk/productio...elder-quintet/

Sunday 13 November: Bahla (Tal Janes) are at Omnibus, Clapham. 7.30pm. £10. Details: http://omnibus-clapham.org/event/bah...jazz-festival/

Sunday 13 November: Partisans (Phil Robson) are at Pizza Express Soho. 11.45pm. £10 Details:https://www.pizzaexpresslive.com/whats-on/partisans

Tuesday 15 November: Alison Neale and Colin Oxley pay tribute to the classic Paul Desmond & Jim Hall Quartet at Bopfest. 8pm. £12. Details: http://bopfest.co.uk

Wednesday 16 November: Ofer Landsberg and his trio play the opening set at Bopfest. Pianist Leon Greening’s trio follow. 7.30pm. £12. Details: http://www.jazzandsalsa.co.uk/bopfest/16.html

Thursday 17 November: Peter Bernstein is at the 606 Club, Chelsea. 8.30pm. £20. Details: http://www.606club.co.uk/ljf/peterbernstein-thu17.html

Thursday 17 November: Will Arnold-Forster’s trio play the Rodgers & Hart songbook at Bopfest. Opening set for Freddie Gavita’s Quintet. 7.30pm. £12.

Friday 18 November: Double bill of Rae Forrest Project (Mike Flynn) and Monocled Man (Chris Montague) at The Vortex. 8pm. £15. Details: http://www.vortexjazz.co.uk/event/ra...-monocled-man/

Friday 18 November: The Filthy Six (Nigel Price) are at The Crypt, Camberwell. 8pm. £8. Details: http://www.jazzlive.co.uk/guide.html

Friday 18 November: Artie Zaitz’s organ group play Bopfest. 7.30pm. £12. Details: http://www.jazzandsalsa.co.uk/bopfest/18.html

Saturday 19 November: Phil Robson’s organ trio play on a special triple bill at The Vortex. 8pm. £16. Details: http://www.vortexjazz.co.uk/event/ev...on-organ-trio/

Sunday 20 November: Gareth Lockrane’s Big Band (Mike Outram) are at The Spice of Life, Soho. 1pm. £12. Details: http://www.spiceoflifesoho.com/event...9#.WBnJO3ecbUo

Saturday 19 November: Two’s Company (Garry Constable and Simon Heaton) are at Three Compasses, Hornsey. 8pm.

Sunday 20 November: Luftabbamic (Rob Luft) are at Omnibus, Clapham. 7.30pm. £10. Details: http://omnibus-clapham.org/event/luftabbamic-2/

Sunday 20 November: Alex Munk’s Flying Machines play a double bill with Avisya Rhythm at the Green Note, Camden. 8pm. £10. Details: http://www.greennote.co.uk/productio...avisya-rhythm/
    Wednesday 23 November: Nigel Price leads the late show at Ronnie Scott’s. 11pm. £10. Details: https://www.ronniescotts.co.uk/perfo...gel-price-band

Thursday 24 November: Alison Rayner’s quintet (Deirdre Cartwright) play at The Vortex. 8pm. £10/12. Details: http://www.vortexjazz.co.uk/event/bl...-album-launch/
    Sunday 27 November: Harry Sankey and his quintet play the music of Barney Kessel at The Grape and Grain, Crystal Palace.

Sunday 27 November: Two’s Company (Garry Constable and Simon Heaton) are at Starfish Loves Coffee, Palmers Green. 2pm. Free.

Sunday 27 November: Nicolas Meier leads his group at the Boater’s Inn, Kingston-upon-Thames. Details: http://www.boaterslivemusic.com/thismonth