The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AlsoRan
    It also helped that she was very nice and amenable to everyone, sometimes giving poorer kids free lessons.
    Sounds like she was a really cool lady.

Knowing all of your neighbors by name really helps.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

'Not too far from sweet spot' on a Twin can easily mean the paint was peeling off the walls.

User Info Menu

If you wake up sleeping baby Gumbo Jr., there will be serious hell to pay.
    Last edited by cosmic gumbo; 07-30-2013 at 12:58 AM.

User Info Menu

Some years ago I was in a Quartet...

Guitar (me)...Fender Jazz Bass...full set of drums...one trumpet....

In a large house....in the living room...

the neighbors did not know we were playing all afternoon...until we were packing up the cars lined up on the street in front of the houses...

time on the instrument...

User Info Menu

First of all, any good hollow body jazz axe sounds just fine without amplification, for practice and jamming. If you need to hear the amplified sound in a place where others might not want to hear it, there are many excellent and inexpensive solutions. My personal preference is Korg's Pandora with lightweight Bose headphones. Quite a bit less costly than a Twin. I have an 'Evil' Twin from my fusion daze, and it sits in the closet - that is one loud amp, I bought it back when I was playing with a drummer who had a stainless steel kit. It's great if you are playing a stadium. But I guess I will sell it - my little PhatKat is all I need and more, and so much easier to carry around.

User Info Menu

+1... He just needs something like a Pandora and a pair of headphones. Job done. What more can you say? Surprised he hasn't worked that out for himself.