66 56.90%
  • every other day

15 12.93%
  • once a week

4 3.45%
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 43 of 43

User Info Menu

I find myself visiting this website a lot lately. It is definitely the #1 site I visit each day. Every time I open up my web browser I visit this website on impulse, even if just for a few minutes. I can't help it. I just want to say thanks to everyone for keeping me yearning for more of your jazz guitar wisdom.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I would like to clarify my vote:when I'm coming here, I come here every day, but there are periods when I go awhile without visiting. Kinda like going to the movies: when I go, I go often, but then one day I wake up and realize I haven't been to the movies in awhile. (Never go a day without playing the guitar, though!)
    "Learn the repertoire. It’s all in the songs. If you learn 200 songs, you will have no problem improvising."
    Frank Vignola

User Info Menu

It might be my home page...
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz

"Jazz is like life...it goes on longer than you think, and as soon as you're like 'oh, I get it,' it ends."

--The Ghost of Duke Ellington

User Info Menu

Too often. I'm kind of hooked because I don't have many people to talk about this stuff with off of the internet.

User Info Menu

After killing my Facebook account I'm here a lot more often. A much better use of time, outside of playing of course

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JakeAcci View Post
    Too often. I'm kind of hooked because I don't have many people to talk about this stuff with off of the internet.
    Amen.

I read the forums all the time and I'm always finding cool stuff to play/read on the homepage links. This is definitely the best jazz guitar site out there, one of my favorite sites in general as well.

User Info Menu

I have periods where I check in a few times a day, but busier times only allow check ins around once or twice a week.
    Play Better Jazz Guitar Chords in 30 Days

JamieHolroydGuitar.com - Countless Free Jazz & Blues Guitar Lessons & Resources

User Info Menu

Depends. If I'm traveling somewhere or having gigs or other stuff that keeps me on my toes, I'll be occupied with other things and I'll forget it.

When I practice, I use the computer for play-alongs and stuff. When I take breaks it's natural for me to check these forums to see what my jazz guitar friends are up to. And if someone who starts out with jazz guitar need help with something, I always get a kick out of helping them out. Not to mention there are many great players here, who also are eager to share their knowledge: Reg, Soco, Jzucker and the list would go on if I were to mention them all(I stop there so people don't feel left out). I think there's centuries of experience combined on these forums.

Except from the cats I play with, almost none of my friends like or even tolerate jazz music, so frequenting these forums I get to connect with people who share my passion for jazz music. We're almost like a secret society here.
    Oh, and the crazy humor and wacky stuff that happens from time to time. That's the real reason why we're here: to talk nonsense and waste time

User Info Menu

Too often, I should practice more often instead of visiting the forums.

User Info Menu

definitely too often

User Info Menu

I come here as often as needed to keep the jazz police from taking over.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic gumbo View Post
    I come here as often as needed to keep the jazz police from taking over.
    Do the jazz police have badges?
    "Learn the repertoire. It’s all in the songs. If you learn 200 songs, you will have no problem improvising."
    Frank Vignola

User Info Menu

Glad to see I am not alone in visiting the site every time I open up browser, unless its something important I have to work on of course. I find that this habit is improving my jazz/guitar playing astronomically. To get good at jazz in a timely manner means you gotta live and breathe this stuff. Seriously!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by markerhodes View Post
    Yeah, but it's more subtle.

Hipster glasses, pastel color clothing, lumberjack shirts and music with no chord changes played on obscure brand solidbody guitars

It's more of a symbolic badge now.

As long as you hide your realbooks and don't play archtops openly, you'll be fine.
    It's funny, because back in the days, fake books were sold under the counter.
    I guess history repeats itself

Oh, and I'm just kidding, before someone calls me gramps and tells me to get with the times

User Info Menu

I tend to get involved in bursts. Make a comment on a thread, read all the updates, browse, make another comment, etc.

"Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in."

User Info Menu

I haven't been here in a while, just stopping in to say hi!
    Guitar player in Canada. This is where I teach.
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Epiphone 339, Hagstrom Viking, Hagstrom Swede. Amps: Suhr Badger 18, Fender Pro Junio, Samamp, Marshall JVM, Mack amps, Reverend Hellhound.

User Info Menu

many great players here, who also are eager to share their knowledge
    My #1 reason for checking in most days.
    Except from the cats I play with, almost none of my friends like or even tolerate jazz music
    And I thought it was just me
    I get to connect with people who share my passion for jazz music. We're almost like a secret society here.
    Yes. Some people do Facebook. I prefer JG. The secret life of an improvisor.
    Oh, and the crazy humor and wacky stuff that happens from time to time

User Info Menu

I check in once or twice a day. I won't always comment if if the question has already been answered or the chord has already been found. No need for me to say the same thing a different way.
    " It bugs me when people try to analyze jazz as an intellectual theorem. It's not. It's feeling".-Bill Evans

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mike g View Post
    I check in once or twice a day. I won't always comment if if the question has already been answered or the chord has already been found. No need for me to say the same thing a different way.
    Yes I agree.

(Get it?!?!?!?! )

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mike g View Post
    +1

User Info Menu

I dig the site... I check in when ever I can... I have a good understanding of jazz and want to do my part to keep jazz going. I'm not selling anything, don't need gigs etc... Reg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I have a good understanding of jazz and want to do my part to keep jazz going.
    You are one of the main reasons I keep coming on here. We're lucky to have a pro who reveals the thought process of improvisation and then shows how it's done with great examples of jazz guitar playing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AmundLauritzen View Post
    Except from the cats I play with, almost none of my friends like or even tolerate jazz music, so frequenting these forums I get to connect with people who share my passion for jazz music. We're almost like a secret society here.
    Oh, and the crazy humor and wacky stuff that happens from time to time.
    That's my position too. I have a bunch of friends, even other musician friends, who either (1) don't like most jazz; or (2) don't really know enough to talk jazz beyond the most basic ideas. In some cases they are even musicians themselves! So while I play rock, blues, folk, prog, etc. with those guys, jazz is my primary interest and this forum is a chance to connect with and learn from others that I don't necessarily have in my immediate circle of friends.

In answer to the OP, I check in to read several times a day, for a few minutes at a time. I don't post very often.

User Info Menu

In here once or twice a day

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JakeAcci View Post
    Yes I agree.

(Get it?!?!?!?! )
    +1
    " It bugs me when people try to analyze jazz as an intellectual theorem. It's not. It's feeling".-Bill Evans

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AmundLauritzen View Post
    Hipster glasses, pastel color clothing, lumberjack shirts and music with no chord changes played on obscure brand solidbody guitars
    While reading this, I started hearing (in my head)Blossom Dearie's version of Dave Firshberg's "I'm Hip" and cracked up over the classic line, "I even call my girlfriend 'man,' I'm so hip!"
    Frank Vignola

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont View Post
    It might be my home page...
    It's mine now too!
    Frank Vignola

User Info Menu

Hi,

I have to stop visiting this forum urgently.
    Last edited by balthazar; 07-27-2012 at 02:00 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by markerhodes View Post
    Badges? They don't need no stinkin' Badges!

Couple times a day unless I'm away from base.

User Info Menu

haha oh man you guys crack me up....

I probably check it twice a week? sometimes more often sometimes not just depends on how much time i have

I like to let the questions and comments build up so I can be entertained and educated all at once
    --You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.

Guitar Solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3UDzUFTOWM

User Info Menu

Every day, several times.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin52 View Post
    Too often, I should practice more often instead of visiting the forums.
    lol, i say this every day....

User Info Menu

I usually spend my free time reading old threads here because I really learn a lot from them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fireman12engine View Post
    lol, i say this every day....
    Ditto,

although I have learned alot here and has inspired me to get back into this thing we call jazz. Love it.

User Info Menu

I visit a few times during the day because I learn so much. The knowledge of the people on this forum just blows me away. And like a few others have said, there really is no one, outside of this forum, where i can go and share my interest, questions, etc.

While i do not contribute alot to this forum, I read a lot of the comments and learn so much. The JGF is a wonderful community and an important resource for players at all stages.

User Info Menu

I visit this thread once every seven years.
    Build bridges, not walls.

User Info Menu

I’m basically never on here.

User Info Menu

All the time!

There are usually 2 or 3 topics discussed here daily that I like to follow.

User Info Menu

Every day I'm home, but pretty much down to once or twice, tops.
    Best regards, k

User Info Menu

After seeing this topic pop up every day for several weeks, I thought I should answer:

Almost never. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

This will be one of my last times then I will be back in Probably early February for the Big Cutting Contest...lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Robertkoa View Post
    This will be one of my last times then I will be back in Probably early February for the Big Cutting Contest...lol
    Cool